Here’s what’s new with version 3.7.0 of the Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets free WordPress plugin.
The latest version
3.7.0 of the Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets plugin for WordPress brings a number of significant architectural improvements.
JSON API 3
The latest JSON API version is 3. This is only of interest to developers. If you are using third party code to interface with the plugin, you can enable legacy APIs to immediately let your code use the previous API, version 2. There are only a few minor changes between API 2 and 3, so your application might be already version 3 compliant. Try bumping the
__wallets_apiversion GET parameter in your requests and see if it works. The changes on the new API are listed in the changelog for this version.
Server data reload
People using the front-end can now hit a new tiny button (🗘) available on most UI elements to immediately refresh the data from server. This can work together with live polling, or independently of it.
Request new deposit address
Users can now use the
[wallets_deposit] shortcode to request a new deposit address for the currently selected coin. Old deposit addresses are retained. This is facilitated with a new JSON API action,
Modify coin names and icons using filters
The name, icon, currency format and block explorer URIs for each coin can be modified using WordPress filters. These filters are documented in the accompanying PDF file. They only affect the output of the
get_coins_info JSON API, and therefore any changes are only visible in the frontend.
Changelog for version 3.7.0
- Change: JSON API latest version is now
3. To use previous versions, first enabled legacy APIs in the plugin’s settings.
- Add: Users can now use the
[wallets_deposit]UI to request a new deposit address. Old addresses are retained.
- Add: New JSON API endpoint
- Add: New “Reload data from server” button on all UIs requests a fresh copy of displayed data from the server immediately.
get_coins_infois no longer cached at the browser level. This allows for manual reload of server data.
get_coins_infono longer returns the superfluous
deposit_address_qrcode_urifield. The deposit address is used in QR codes directly. This saves on transmitted data.
- Change: The Coin Adapter class no longer provides an adapter setting for minconf. This is done at the RPC Coin Adapter level. This has no effect to the end user at the moment.
- Add: New filters provide ability to override coin name and coin icon URL as reported by
get_coins_info. Examples in the accompanying documentation.