I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Form does not display

dashed-slug.net Forums Tip the Author extension support Form does not display

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Of course Alex, that’s what we are doing, trying to find the problem hand trying to have options to solve it.

With no errors in console, it is becoming strange, as you said, it is obscure. Everything is updated to last version, Apache, PHP 7.2.6, frontend settings correctly configured.

Today I came into something. I was loking at the code, and from unmodified code, in “tip . php” file I changed the class in line 13 “class = ” dashed-slug-wallets tip “” to class= ” dashed-slug-wallets tips””, and now I am getting:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9245nmd780x4vr/Tip%20the%20author%20IV.PNG?dl=0

This time the form is displayed completely but all the fields and clicking tip suggestions are not working, and the dropdown coin selector is not loading any coin.

Any suggestion from the code?
    Maybe some PHP extension missing?

Please, tell me if you need more information. The site is not currently in production, but in the meantime I can make it accesible for you.

Thanks in advance Alex,

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

OK thank you.

Please restore the code to the unmodified latest version and make the site accessible for me.

I will have a look.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I prepared the site, with the necessary extensions.

I suspect is something related with post method / server.

I sent you an e-mail with login credentials and site link.

Please let me know if you need additional information or admin credentials.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you for going to the trouble to set this up.

It appears the error was on my part:

The latest version was 1.2.3 but I had not uploaded it correctly so you were using version 1.2.2.

If you update to version 1.2.3 I believe the issue should be resolved.

Apologies for the trouble, and thanks again for spotting this issue!

kind regards

Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Thank you for confirming this, the new formulated data-bind attribute solved it. Well, I updated to version 1.2.3, and now it works.

When clicking, it does not open instantly, but it takes some time to open completely, and by times opacity stays at 50%. But the move functionnality works correctly.

Just some observations for future releases if you consider them. I thought maybe for public messages, if many, for example more than 5 or 10 public messages the display could be integrated in a box scroll down or tabs, because If not, it could take too much space in the post page or questions. Regarding translations, I could not find some strings, like the modal messages when an operation was successfull or failed or for sent emails.

Thank you for your support, trully appreciated,

My best regards,

PS: Alex, a personal suggestion if you want to consider it. Turnning the support forum accessible only for logged in users for more privacy and to avoid possible vulnerabilities exposure if reported any by users.

alexg
    Keymaster

Thanks, I will add your feedback to the backlog.

The forum is public for the benefit of other users who search for information about the plugin. If a user wishes to share private information, they can use the email address info@dashed-slug.net. If you have posted something that you wish to be taken down please let me know.

alexg
    Keymaster

Also keep in mind that some of the strings relevant to the Tip the Author extension exist in the parent plugin.

alexg
    Keymaster

@bigblue Pagination has been added to version 2.0.0 of the Tip the Author extension. Release notes: https://www.dashed-slug.net/tip-the-author-extension-reworked/

with regards

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.