I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Form does not display

dashed-slug.net Forums Tip the Author extension support Form does not display

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I installed the extension but when testing with LTCTest on posts the form does not appear when I click on the “Tip the author” button.  The box shows empty.

I checked everything, capabilities, adapter response… and seems OK.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Did you check for JavaScript errors in your console?

2. Do you have any online adapters? There should be online adapters for the coins you have listed in the “tip suggestions” field.

Let me know

Thanks
    Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your reply. As for your questions:

1. Some source map errors:

1a. Source map error: request failed with status 404….Source map URL: knockout.validation.min.js.map

1b. Source map error: request failed with status 404….Source map URL: sprintf.min.js.map

2. Yes, at the moment for testing purposes I have LTCT test coins and ETH (zero balance). The adapters are responding as expected, and listed only those coins in “Tip suggestions” as follows: 0.1LTCT,0.2LTCT,0.5LTCT,0.1ETH,0.2ETH,0.5ETH.

Thank you

alexg
    Keymaster

OK I assume you have checked that the “Post type filter” and “Category filters” match your post type and post category.

Additionally, the tips UI does not show if:

• the current user does not have the has_wallets capability
    • the current user is the same user as the author of the post (user cannot tip themselves)

Let me know if this solves your problem.

If not, you can email me some login credentials and I can have a look.

kind regards

Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I checked everything according to documentation before posting any comment on support forum. Maybe there is something that escapes me. All users have has_wallets capability and I made test with twos different users in orther to tip the posts of each other.

The button “Tip the author” it shows up, but when clicking to open the form, the form is just empty.

If you have any suggestion that I can test, I would be grateful. If not, please allow me some time to install the payroll extension to see if there is any issues, and I will send you an email.

Thank you in advance Alex,

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

The Author Payroll extension works but it is a bit hard to setup and use. The Tip the Author extension works fine for many people. I can’t think of anything else right now, but it should be something trivial.

• You could try disabling all other plugins (besides wallets and tip the author) and see if the problem persists. You could also try with a different theme. If you discover an incompatibility, let me know, and I’ll see what I can do to fix it.
    • If you like I can login to your test page and have a look at what the problem might be.
    • Finally, there is a small chance that there might be an error that would show up in your WordPress logs. Instructions for enabling logging are here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Let me know.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex, I made the next operations:

1. I disabled all plugins except wallets and tip the author: Not working, the same, the button appears but when clicking the form is empty.

2. I switched to Twenty Seventeen theme with all plugins disabled except wallets and tip the author: Not working, the same, the button appears but when clicking the form is empty.

3. I enabled debugging log and display with other plugins enabled and without: Nothin special related with wallets or tip the author, no critical errors.

Just in Opera browser, in the console I’ve got:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED/xxx/xxx/?__wallets_apiversion=2&__wallets_action=get_nonces&_=1528983453027:1
    Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED
    /xxx/xxx/?__wallets_apiversion=2&__wallets_action=get_coins_info:1

4. I tested disabling modsecurity in cpanel: Not working, the same issue.

Something else I can try?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

PS: I updated to latest version of wallets plugin

alexg
    Keymaster

From what you say it seems you have done everything correctly.

I cannot think of anything else.

I am willing to have a look at your site if you let me login. There must be an error somewhere, and I will probably be able to determine what it is if I have a look.

The problem you describe with Opera sounds like an encoding issue: you could try disabling zlib compression from the frontend settings and see if it fixes that problem. But if the buttons do appear and are not clickable, there should be some JavaScript error that you might have missed. The normal behavior is that you click a button and the tip suggestion (coin selection and tip amount) get entered into the form. Then, the user can click on the “send” button. Are you certain that no JavaScript error occurs exactly at the time when you click on the button?

Let me know if you want me to look at it.

best

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK Alex, allow me some time to setup the payroll extension this weekend, and at least if somme issue you can have a look at the same time. What user permissions you’ll need?

As for  disabling zlib, it is something I tryed from the UI settings, but it did not work. The thing is that the button “Tip the author” is clickable, the box wich contains the form opens correctly, but there is no content, it shows empty. And the same in case of the questions extension. At the time when I click the button, the console does not show any errors.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

I would need normal user permissions. Any user that should be able to see the UI will do. Assign all wallets capabilities besides manage_wallets to the user.

best

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Today I came back to the issue I’m facing.  After testing many things, server included, I found something. In “tip . p hp” file, in line 13 I separated “i f: coins() . length” as follows: “data – bind = “submit: doTip;” data – bind=”i f: coins() . length;”” and now the form opens completely and shows everything but not the dropdown coin selector, both for posts and questions.

When chosing a suggestion tip it does not take into account the coin type, and the “Fee (deducted from amount” shows empty.

In console I get:

GET …/test-tip-i/? __wallets_apiversion=2&__wallets_action=get_coins_info 0 ()     jquery.js:4 

GET …/test-tip-i/? __wallets_apiversion=2&__wallets_action=get_transactions&__wallets_tx_count=10&__wallets_tx_from=0&__wallets_symbol=BTC 0 ()       jquery.js:4  

Additionnaly, in a second time, I added transfer and deposit widgets in menu, and I cant get it together. I get:

Uncaught Error: ‘Too much recursion’ after processing 5000 task groups.  knockout-latest.min.js:1
        at Object.a (knockout-latest.min.js:1)
        at Object.complete (wallets-ko-3.5.5.min.js:1)
        at i (jquery.js:2)
        at Object.fireWith (jquery.js:2)
        at y (jquery.js:4)
        at XMLHttpRequest.c (jquery.js:4)

Uncaught Error: ‘Too much recursion’ after processing 5000 task groups.  knockout-latest.min.js:1
        at a (knockout-latest.min.js:1)
        at MutationObserver.d (knockout-latest.min.js:1)

Thank you very much Alex for your help,

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

The reason that the form now works is that after your modifications, the second knockout binding is not executed.

Knockout does not support multiple data-bind attributes. Therefore your form is always shown even if there are no coins loaded.

I am curious how you added widgets to the menu, normally they are only usable in the widget area, did you use a special plugin for this?

To summarize: When you use the latest version of all plugins, with unmodified code, and with a standard theme, and with zlib compression disabled in the JSON API settings, the problem you are facing is that the form appears, but when you click on a tip suggestion, the form stays empty?

Please verify the above. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I made another set of tests but no succesfull results. For now, it is the only extension I cant get working correctly.

Configuration: last version of all extensions, unmodified code, compatible theme, zlib compression disabled and enabled.

– Uninstalled the plugin and tested previous version 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 in case. Same result.

– Deactivated ALL plugins except core, cp cloud adapter and tips extension, and tested with Twenty Seventeen theme. Same result.

Here is some links (I cant upload an image) to screenshots when clicking the button (unmodified code, and no console errors):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbeeqstgk4xxvx1/Tip%20the%20author%20I.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dimhm99czn3nfmd/Tip%20the%20author%20II.PNG?dl=0

When I modify the data-bind attribution in «tip . php» file, separating them, I get the next :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhtbeo0sg2gqf0s/Tip%20the%20author%20III.PNG?dl=0

As you can see, when clicking a tip suggestion the fee stays empty, and also the dropdown coin selector is not displayed.

Thank you Alex

Best regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Since no reply received, I’m wondering if you have a solution for the issue.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello Bigblue,

Unfortunately it’s not a matter of me having a solution. The question is whether we can identify the problem.

As I cannot reproduce the problem, you must either provide more information on it, or let me log in and have a look.

From what you say it seems you have done everything correctly, so it must be some very obscure problem that I cannot think of.

Unless I know what the problem is, I cannot solve it.

kind regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.