I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Coinpayment adapter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Good day. can you help fix up a widget and short code to use for coinpayment coin converter from bitcoin to other coins? Also ETHER coin is activated for users on the coinpayment adapter and also on coin payment account but still it does not show up for user account. What can we do?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello and good day,

Regarding your feature request, I have made a note of it in my backlog, but it requires some analysis before I can tell you more about if and when this will be developed. I will notify you on this thread.

I will have a look at your ETH issue right now. Can you tell me if you were able to use other coins?

Alex

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi,

Regarding the ETH issue, I have some bad news. I had to disable ETH and some other coins due to the fact that they do not support callback addresses on CoinPayments. You can read more about it here. https://www.dashed-slug.net/updated-list-coins-available-coinpayments-adapter/

If you wish to continue using the extension with other coins, you should upgrade to 0.1.1-beta.

The problem is that CoinPayments is primarily a solution targeted at e-shops, and using it as a wallet back-end is a bit of a stretch. The plugin extension discovers new deposits via the callback addresses mechanism, but some coins, including Ethereum, are not compatible with this mechanism and CoinPayments does not offer callback addresses for them.

Hopefully I or someone else will find the time in the future to develop a coin adapter that will talk to the Ethereum wallet directly, but at the moment there is no easy way for me to make the CoinPayments adapter work with ETH.

My apologies for the mixup.

Alex

alexg
    Keymaster

The latest version 0.3.0-beta supports Ethereum as well as some other coins. See the release notes here:

Improvements to the CoinPayments cloud wallet adapter including Ethereum availability

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to convert coins if they both are in coinpayments? I noticed their API has a ‘convert’ function.

alexg
    Keymaster

@tfontoura Hello and thank you for this question. I get asked this a lot, so I decided to add it to a brand new FAQ section to the homepage of the CoinPayments adapter.

TL;DR You should use the ShapeShift extension.

with regards

P.S. Please open a new thread for any new questions or issues that you have. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.