I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Checkout dropdown selector

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,

It is possible to add or move the crpto selector in ckeckout page just where pament gateway selector is? like when choosing credit card the for opens right in the same place where usere chooses the gateway. It is in somehow for improving the user experience.

By other hand, it is possible to add an option in order to show in checkout page ONLY the coins in the dropdow selector with sufficient balance to pay. It simplifyes the process of payment, and it reduces the possibility of facing the message of “not sufficient balance” (the lesser steps to succesfully pay, the better). Also I have been testing it with multivendr extension (wcmarktpce), and when choosing a coin with no sufficient balance and chosing the right one after the message, the order is not saved correctly in vendr dashbord.

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

1. Unfortunately the position where stuff is presented on the page is the concern of your theme, not the plugin. Therefore it would not be easy to position the crypto selector UI elsewhere.

2. Yes, it is possible to only show coins with sufficient balance. This makes sense and I will add it to the next release. Thanks.

3. The WooCommerce Gateway extension does not currently work with multi-vendor plugins. This is in the future plans but requires a lot of work and will not be out soon.

kind regards

P.S. In the future, could you please open one thread per issue? It makes tracking issues easier for both of us. Thank you!

alexg
    Keymaster

In the latest version 1.2.2 of the WooCommerce Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway extension, the dropdown in the checkout page only lists coins with enough balance to pay for the cart.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is great.

Thank you Alex for this update. I just installed it and it solved my issue regarding order settings for multivndrs. As I commented you before, for now all disbursls must be in fiat, what is in my opinion appropriate in the current context in terms of adoption and legal terms in some countries, so it’s OK.

I tested many transctions and it is OK. Just when there si no crypto balance sufficient for payments there is no message indicating to the user that he has no sufficient balance in any crypto when he selects the crypto method paymet. I forced checkout leaving unchecked the box of agreements, and the message I got is: “The exchange rate for the selected cryptocurrency is not currently available. Please try again later or choose to pay with another currency or payment method.”

About the position of dropdown selector, maybe I did not explained myself correctly. What I meant is placing the dropdown selector where the payement selector. Right in the place where it appears the message “Pay from the selected cryptcurrey wallt. Set the “Crptourrec” field at “Billing Details” above.”, juste like when paying with credit card, a form appears. I thought thay is woocmrce settings and not the theme.
    Thank you Alex again, trully appreciated,

Best regards

P.S Sorry about that, it’s noted for the next time

alexg
    Keymaster

I have same issue – how to display the option to choose crypto that has enough balance in the choose payment page/option page.

Please see the screenshots… I dont find any option either to choose what crypto i want to pay with.

View post on imgur.com

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

As you can see in the error message, the error is due to the exchange rate not being loaded for the available coins.

You should enable some exchange rates providers that carry the exchange rate with the coins you offer wallets for. Then, if your woocommerce base currency is a fiat currency, such as USD or EUR, you will also need to enable the fixer.io exchange rates provider, with an API key.

The plugin will then be able to figure out the prices of the products you are offering in those cryptocurrencies that you offer wallets for.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you continue to face difficulties with this.

kind regards

alexg
    Keymaster

I have . – fixer and coinmarket cap enabled in the wallet settings ( se attached screenshot)…

I get the current coin price for the products in the TOTALS of the CHECKOUT PAGE .. ( see screenshot 2 )

But it says “Pay from the selected cryptocurrency wallet. Set the “Cryptocurrency” field at “Billing Details” above.” (screen shot 3)

But i cannot see or enter any option for the customer to choose a coin to pay with … what am i missing … have i forgot to enable something … please see screen shots..

Sorry my imgur messed up… will repost..

View post on imgur.com

alexg
    Keymaster

Linking the solution you found here, for the benefit of others reading this thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

It is currently possible to change the visibility position of the dropdown selectator in the checkout page?

Currently, as it is, it is a bit confusing because the dropdown selectator appears in the checkout shipping/billing form and not in the checkout box. I mean, for example, if you chose credit card payment, the form appears just below de payment title when the radio button is selected. Maybe it is not that relevant, but it does improve U X.

Thank you Alex,

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

When I developed this I could not find a way to do it any different.

I will look again in case there is something new in WooCommerce.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Alex, it would be great

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

In version 2.0.0 of the WooCommerce Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway, the dropdown is displayed in the Payment Box, right below the radio option for the Payemnt Gateway.

See the release notes here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Thank you verry much for this release, it is excellent!

It is much better displayed in this way.

Thanks Alex

Best regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.