The Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets WordPress plugin now supports network activation in multisite WordPress installs.
As you know, since version 2.2.3 already, multisite installations were supported. Version 2.4.0 introduces some new behavior when the plugin is network-activated on a multisite install. This was a user-requested feature.
The requirement was for users to be able to have the same wallet balances across multiple blogs on the same site. This is now possible.
Main things to note:
- If you install the plugin as network activated, you must do so with any coin adapters as well. The wallets menu will be available to Site Admins in the Network Menu. Any settings will apply globally to the entire network. The plugin will not let you do this wrong, but you should be aware of this limitation.
- If you install the plugin on a single blog as a regular admin, you will be able to install coin adapters to that blog as well. The wallets menu will be available in your standard Admin Menu for your blog. Any settings will be isolated between blogs, that is to say, settings of one blog will not interfere with those of other blogs.
- The WooCommerce and Events Manager payment gateway plugins can be activated at the blog level even if the main plugin is network-activated. Their settings will always be isolated among different blogs.
- You will need to upgrade any coin adapters or feature extensions that you have installed to their latest versions.
- For more details, please consult the new section Multisite (aka network) installations in the accompanying PDF documentation. The PDF documentation is available when you download the bundle zip file from the Downloads section.
- This release should not affect single-site installations.
The faucet extension is under development. Expect it in a few weeks time.