I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

When attempting to refund LTC from a WCMP Order.. I get insufficient funds error

dashed-slug.net Forums WooCommerce Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway extension support When attempting to refund LTC from a WCMP Order.. I get insufficient funds error

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    d3vnu77
    Participant

First off, I paid for and downloaded this plugin: https://store.webkul.com/woocommerce-marketplace-product-rma.html so I can work on refunds/and cancellations.

I placed a test order with a WCMP Vendor on a test account for 1.16414435 LTC.

While the order was still processing, I cancelled the order, from the front-end using the cancel order button as the test user.

This cancellation did not automatically refund the order from the admin account, however on the user front end showed that the order had been cancelled for the user.

While figuring out how to get the order to refund… I logged into the administrator account. And tried to issue the refund from wp-admin. And I got an insufficient funds error as seen in the uploaded image. Notice the order did say cancelled there in wp-admin, as well as the admin note

I went to the WCMP vendor dashboard as the vendor and looked at the order. Notice in the vendor dashboard how the order status says processing still. Also the order notes did not mention the cancellation like the wp-admin order did.

I tried to refund the $50 worth of LTC from the vendor dashboard and it said it let me refund it… even though as a vendor I did not receieve any LTC in my wallet yet as it was sitting in the sitting in limbo in the admin wallet.

It marked the order as refunded, said it issued a $50 refund and the admin wallet still has the litecoin. Not sure what it going on here. How thoroughly has this plugin been tested with WCMP?

I see it is mentioned as working in the plugin information.

d3vnu77
    Participant

Attached images

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    d3vnu77
    Participant

Going through this info now:

Refunds not being Processed

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing detailed information about the issue.

Unfortunately the gateway is somewhat hard to use. There was no API with which to extend WC Marketplace with payment gateways, so I had to improvise as I went along. If it turns out that the gateway does not work, then I will take the decision to decommission it.

However, I have tested refunds multiple times, and I know that they work, at least when certain conditions are met.

In your case, it looks like you attempted to perform a refund, but it did not go through, because the price of Litecoin has changed in the mean time. The amount refunded is calculated in the store currency, but is returned in the currency the user initially paid.

Therefore, if the admin account had more Litecoin, the refund would have been executed.

As a sidenote, I do not know if the Marketplace plugin or the crypto gateway are compatible with the RMA plugin you mentioned.

Yes, please do check the information given in the other thread related to refunds. I will add this information to the homepage soon.

with regards

d3vnu77
    Participant

Here is the flowchart I’m looking achieve. Looks like I will have to code a bit for this one. It’s late for me here, going to hit the sack.

Let me know if you see anything glaringly wrong with what I’d like to do here. Or improvements, ideas.

Will be using your wallet API to issue refunds via cron jobs I think.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hie Mr Alex, please don’t discontinue the getway, many of us depend on it as we speak

alexg
    Keymaster

@alecmtetwa I will not discontinue it, but at the same time I am not in a position to do the improvements that I’d like to do.

If you currently rely on it, that means it’s working.

The main issue here is that it works in some cases and not in others. I will have to write up in which cases it works.

@d3vnu77
    Your flowchart looks good. The difficulty will be in implementing it.

d3vnu77
    Participant

Any particular reason you choose WCMP as the marketplace you mentions in the plugin directions? Have you tested with any other vendor marketplace solutions?

alexg
    Keymaster

WCMp was requested by several people at the time and it seemed popular.

In retrospect maybe I should have chosen Dokan as it is more popular and possibly better.

In any case, the problem is elsewhere: None of these plugins seem to come with instructions on how to develop additional payment gateways for commissions, so any solution is going to be a hack.

with regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.