I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

[wallets_balance template="list"] doesn't update balance until clear cache

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion [wallets_balance template="list"] doesn't update balance until clear cache

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The user’s balance isn’t updating in the [wallets_balance template=”list”] shortcode front end until I do 1 of two things –

1. Clear the browser cache immediately updates the balance.
    or
    2. I run the get_coins_info API in another browser tab – https://my.site/?__wallets_apiversion=2&__wallets_action=get_coins_info

Anonymous
    Inactive

I discovered the conflicting plug-in:

Super Progressive Web Apps

After deactivating, the balance is now showing up upon normal refresh.

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting this! I will add it to the troubleshooting section!

Glad you got the issue resolved. Some background info:

In general, most API calls are not cached by the plugin, and the ones that are, have a very short expiry time, simply to aid in performance. The get_coins_info JSON API call is the one responsible for retrieving balances and is cached for 30 seconds to avoid abuse. The frontend then polls this API every 5 minutes by default, but this is configurable. Additionally, if you switch to another tab and then back to your site’s frontend, this triggers a refresh of the server data. In the future I would like to add a button so that a user can manually refresh the data. Unfortunately due to the architecture of WordPress it is not possible to have live feeds via websockets, so it has to be polling.

kind regards

alexg
    Keymaster

I will see if there is something that can be done to make the Wallets plugin not interfere with Super Progressive Web Apps. I will report any progress here.

alexg
    Keymaster

The latest version 4.4.8 includes a fix for SuperPWA compatibility. Merry Christmas! ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.