I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

TX fees missing in order

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The transaction fees from purchased do not post or show in the ledger. The fees are set in the adapter.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, that is correct. Even though transaction fees are set at the coin adapter settings, apps can override them.

This is what the WooCommerce extension does, it performs an internal transaction with 0 fees.

Is there some reason why you need the fees? I can add an option in the gateway settings to either override the fee to 0 or leave as is.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

The payment gateway always should have a priority on fees, otherwise, why be a payment gateway. For example, if I run a multi-store and vendors add their products similar to eBay to sell or barter, I should have the option to charge or not to charge a fee. Woocommerce should not override my choice. It is a critical feature. Otherwise, I have to use another plug to add a fee and that would make no sense.

Regards

Adonis

alexg
    Keymaster

This can be done easily, but I’m curious, were you successful to use the payment gateway with a multi-store plugin?

A number of people have complained that this is not possible, and is in my far future plans to provide support for at least one multi-store plugin.

Plugins that others have tried are:

https://yithemes.com/themes/plugins/yith-woocommerce-multi-vendor/
    https://wc-marketplace.com/

But they report that the gateway does not work with them.

I have not had time to test yet. If you’ve had success, please share the plugin’s name.

I will add a switch that will control applying or not applying the internal fees, as discussed above.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did on this site ->http://ibbtmerchant.com (WP set as a Multi-Site) but I had to reset because of server overload – Your adaptor has a much better adaptation then most I have evaluated.

https://mygeopay.com/market/ you can see it here how I implement it. Everything runs on Testnet accounts.

Cheers

Adonis

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tested this vendor product, it’s not very flexible, sadly some developers build things for themselves, not for consumers. A developer should be like a Dr. the patient is the most important aspect of what a Dr and a Developer, and in the case of the developer it is the end user. The vendor plug is inflexible in some of the payment integrations and it’s cost prohibitive for the model they offer. do you prefer to have 0.01 from 10 million people every day or $10 from 1000 people every day! Old school thinking I guess! 🙂

Cheers

Adonis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Personnaly I agree with Alex, I dont think fees for payment using own gateway is a good idea. Zero fees for payment should motivate users to use this payment method. Anyway, it depends on your business model, and having aditional options in the extension is always a good thing.

Actually, for second option of multi stoe that Alex mention, wc marke tpace is fine, i tested it. As it’s woocommerce based allows payments with this extension, but payments to vendos must be in fiat money (because in their dashboard there is no integration to choose payment from this gateway with crypti). The only thing I can think at this stage is about the risk for admin of loosing money due to fluctuations in crto/fiat when the payment to vendor is made lately according to payments admin settings, but it’s something regarding the site operator. Maybe this problem could be solved by an additionnal option af sharing the risk (or the positive earnings if change rates were positive).

Regarding fees, it would be good implementing some tab in core extension in order to show total earnings from transactions for admin.

Best regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear ‘friend’

I should have the option otherwise I have to choose a gateway that serves my needs, not the need of the community. The word “choice” is the key word, I run a business and want to charge fees others can choose to give it away from its a “choice”, not a communal decision.

As a developer, one consideration for adaptation of the product is to give choices and features that make a better product. VISA has 1000 plugs on WP, why? because of ‘Choice’

Everyone can have a diff business model, the gateway should be open to options.

Cheers

Adonis

Anonymous
    Inactive

you can see how the plug is integrated here https://mygeopay.com/market/

Adonis

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I will release today a patch for the gateway where fees can be enabled or disabled.

But the payment gateway does not currently work with multi-vendor plugins. The reason is that on checkout the payment is done to one account.

As mentioned before, I do plan to address multi-vendor plugins in the future.

kind regards

alexg
    Keymaster

In version 1.2.1 of the WooCommerce Payment Gateway extension there is an option to switch fee payments on/off.

This does NOT mean that the gateway can be used with multi-vendor plugins, since the cryptocurrency payment is sent to the one designated address, as discussed above.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

Thank you Alex, is good to have this additionnal option.

For vendos plugns all paymnts goes directly to admin, before disbsrals when are requested by the vendos. So for now, the only possible disbursals must be in fiat and manually (so the risk of losing money -or winning- due to crypto fluctuations and exchnging is on admin side).

I know you’re busy with many things. I just want to ask, if possible, for a statistics tab for transactions for admin in order to see total fees received, wocmmrce transactions, withdrawals… with filters.

Best regards, and thak you again

alexg
    Keymaster

In the upcoming release 3.6.0 of wallets it will be possible to see total fees paid per coin.

I do plan to provide more detailed statistics in the dashboard area in some future release.

thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I am still on fees thing, and I think there is an issue with the new additional option of aplying fees for orders.

I performed some test orders both checking the box of aplying fees and without. It resulted that move fees (transfers) are always aplyed, and deducted (should be added to the order amount) from the amount to pay for the order, then a lose of money (fee) from admin side. Could you check this?

It is possible, if fees application box checked in settings by admin, to show to the user in checkout page separetly near the dropdown con selector the added fee that he has to pay?

Also, if fees application box checked in settings by admin, it should be considered the total order amount plus the added fees as the amount to consider if user has sufficient balance in each coin to pay (according to the last extension update).

Thank you Alex,

Best regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I hope you are doing good. I know that you’re busy, and I was wondering if you had time to check about the fees issue with wocmrce extension.

Thank you

Best regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.