I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

I made a deposit into a wallet of a new user I created and it did not show up…

dashed-slug.net Forums TurtleCoin Adapter extension support I made a deposit into a wallet of a new user I created and it did not show up…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    d3vnu77
    Participant

I checked the blockchain… the transaction is here… https://explorer.2acoin.org/?hash=859abd03a428b82b4b1a77465e16c90ed6bdb2e4d52eae6d47a0281344bb7acc#blockchain_block

I checked the wallet logged into through ./zedwallet… the transaction did not come through.

I ran the addresses RPC command address I got this as my output… screenshot #1 …Notice only 52 Addresses

I ran the SQL query: See attached screenshot #2…. and got 116 addresses…

However my website has more members than that… see screenshot #3

The address I sent ARMS to has an entry in wp_wallets_adds however it is not list in the addresses RPC call I made…

What’s going on here?

d3vnu77
    Participant

Screenshots

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    d3vnu77
    Participant

Ok. so I ran the “Renew desposit addresses”.

Soon I notice the address I sent the fund too was back in the ./wallets-api call

I rebooted the 2acoin server restarted everything back up and now the RPC says I only have one address (see screenshot)

I believe it is now attached to arms-exchange.com.wallet which is one of the multisites on the webserver…

I think this is the problem… should it have multiple wallets? Because right now it I have a n2aa.org.wallet, arms-exchange.com.wallet & n2aa.org-%Fsupport.wallet

Attachments:
    d3vnu77
    Participant

Yes, when I start and restart the wallet-api…

It randomly decides which wallet to open… sometimes n2aa.org.wallet | sometimes arms-exchange.com.wallet

As seen in the attached images.

When you network activate the wallets plugin, is it not suppose to keep everything on the same network/wallet?

Attachments:
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

First, some background information:

You should not expect the number of addresses to be the same as the number of users. Deposit addresses are generated lazily when users visit their wallets only. A deposit address is assigned a blog_id, based on which blog the user was on when they visited their wallet. Normally the blog_id column is not taken into account for network-active installations (but see below).

There are two issues here:

1. There is a bug in the code that selects data for the admin screens “Deposit Addresses” and “User balances” that only affects network-active installations. Data is filtered by blog id when it shouldn’t. I will be fixing this in wallets version 5.0.13. Please wait until I release the fix later today. Note that the fix only affects the way data (addresses and balances) are shown in the admin screens, it does not actually affect the ledger or balances.

2. Deposits are discovered by the turtlecoin adapter on cron job runs. There is a likely bug in the turtlecoin adapter that prevents the adapter from “walking” the block height upwards. This would cause deposits to not be discovered. I first have to confirm this issue and then will release a fix to the adapter and notify you here.

The first issue affects also the results you get in your other thread. More on that there.

with regards

d3vnu77
    Participant

On number 2.

Shouldn’t I be able to curl the API for a balance for the address, even though wallets is not importing it?

It’s got me worried that I can’t see the a balance when I query the API with the following CURL (see screenshot)

Attachments:
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Check to see if your blockchain daemon AND your wallet-api are synced to the highest block.

If they are not, then your transaction would not show.

If the deposit address you sent funds to was generated by this ARMS wallet (whether via the plugin or by other means), then the wallet will eventually include the transaction once it’s synced.

with regards

d3vnu77
    Participant

I believe I am fully synced. Also I sent the transaction with a payment id, does that matter?

Attachments:
    alexg
    Keymaster

Not sure. These are questions best directed to the TurtleCoin developer.

Are you certain that your wallet is synced (not just the blockchain daemon)?

Once the transaction shows up in your wallet but not reflected in the plugin, then this will be likely due to the bug that I am about to fix in the next patch release of the coin adapter.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

I have now released version 5.0.13 of wallets. In this version, the information seen under “Deposit Addresses” and “User Balances” are now complete for network active installations.

This should resolve the issue with user deposit addresses.

I will contact you again about the issue with the ARMS deposit.

In the meantime, can you please go to Wallets -> Adpaters, and next to your adapter, see what is the value of “Block Height”? (If the block height is not equal to or larger than the block height of your deposit, then your transaction will definitely not show up in the plugin.)

d3vnu77
    Participant

I’ve updated the plugin to 5.0.13

That fixed the balance issue in the backend.

Since the previous deposit did not show up to wallets API. I suspect it might be a problem with the ARMS Vault mobile wallet, we are looking into it.

However I just made several small deposits into a user’s account and it did not show up in the user’s wallet even though I see that they did show up in the hot wallet balance and the wallet-api /balance/{address} API call…

While the wallet is still showing 10 ARMS… the API shows the correct amount of 22 ARMS in the wallet.

I’m guessing there is a cron not running correctly?

Attachments:
    d3vnu77
    Participant

It should be noted that all these twelve 1 ARMS transactions that are showing up in the API, but are not showing in the frontend had paymentid information attached to them.

Where as the the very first transaction I sent to the wallet yesterday of 10 ARMS did not have a payment id and did show up in the frontend.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ah! OK, thank you.

Even though the hot wallet balance is 22 ARMS, the user balance should be the sum of the user’s transactions, as they appear in the plugin’s ledger (Wallets -> Transactions).

It’s good to see that your wallet appears synced. I will upload today a patch where, if logging is enabled, the coin adapter will write to the logs the block height of the network, the wallet, and the coin adapter. While both the network and wallet heights are 0 it will also emit a warning that the wallet may not be syncing. This will hopefully help others trying to setup the adapter.

The reason that the deposit is not going through is that, as you say, there is a payment ID. For Monero transactions, the CoinPayments platform uses only one address for all Monero deposits, and distinguishes between its users via a payment ID. Therefore the plugin has to check the Payment ID too before determining that a deposit belongs to a user. You should instruct your users not to use a payment id for now, because it’s always considered part of the address, and this is true for all coins and all deposits.

I don’t consider this to be a bug. In many major exchanges, if you send coins with the wrong Payment ID, your deposit will not be debited to your account. Users should deposit to the address they see in the [wallets_deposit] UI. If they add a payment ID that is not shown in the UI, it’s as if they were sending to a different address. This is something that users should expect, but ideally you should warn about this in the deposit UI. If you want to output custom HTML over or under the deposit UI, you can use the actions: wallets_ui_before_deposit and wallets_ui_after_deposit.

In the upcoming wallets6, the architecture is inverted to improve on this: The wallet adapter itself creates the deposit and passes it to the plugin’s ledger. So each wallet adapter can decide how to match the address of the incoming deposit against known deposit addresses. The wallet adapter can then decide whether to match the payment ID, or just the base address, thus giving finer control to the adapter developer.

Your cron jobs are likely running or you wouldn’t have seen the first deposit either. The fact that your first deposit is discovered and is shown in the plugin’s ledger means that the plugin is behaving as expected.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or if you spot any other issues.

with regards

EDIT: The latest version 0.1.5-beta of the coin adapter only has better logging, it should behave the same as 0.1.4-beta (Logging must first be enabled in wp-config.php)

d3vnu77
    Participant

Yes, I was going to use the payment_id as a way of determining that the deposit was coming in from a particular source for my own internal purposes…

for instance the transactions I sent to the wallet had a payment id of ‘8ecd5245376247516adce5545b629a9ee85f3eaf84976e0855b9931c245857cb’

I would know the source was from an automatic payment from the mining pool.

I wanted to be able to query those specific transactions (with the payment_id) and run code based on those deposit transactions.

alexg
    Keymaster

I see. Maybe you could reserve a different address altogether to track the mining rewards?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.