I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Balance vs Available Balance.

dashed-slug.net Forums TurtleCoin Adapter extension support Balance vs Available Balance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    d3vnu77
    Participant

You will notice the is a balance of 127.02 ARMS in a users wallet vs and available balance of 5217.24 ARMS in a uses wallet. What is correct and why is it displaying 127.02 as the balance when there is more in that users wallet than that?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am currently investigating what could be the issue here.

In the mean time, can you please tell me if you are on a multisite installation, and if so, is the plugin network-activated?

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

In addition to the above, please do the following:

1. Determine the user_id of this user. If you click on the user name, the user’s admin profile link will contain the user id.

2. Please run the following query, substituting USER_ID with the actual id number.

SELECT
    	account,
    	symbol,
    	category,
    	status,
    	amount,
    	fee

FROM
    	wp_wallets_txs

WHERE
    	account = USER_ID AND
    	symbol = 'ARMS' AND
    	(
    		( amount < 0 && status IN ( 'unconfirmed', 'pending', 'done' ) ) OR
    		( amount > 0 && status = 'done' )
    	)
    ORDER BY
    	id;

3. Email me the result so I can determine the issue. Please send me the result as text rather than a screenshot, if possible.

To give you some background:

The user’s balance is the sum of the user’s transactions in a done state. Normally it is calculated here, but for this particular admin screen, it is calculated here.

The user’s “available balance”, is the sum of all the user’s transactions in a done state, plus any crediting transactions (amount<0) that are in an unconfirmed or pending state. It is always calculated with this code.

Thus, the “available balance” includes any outstanding withdrawals and transfers to other users, but not any outstanding deposits. It’s essentially the maximum amount that a user can withdraw, and should always be less than the total user’s balance.

Since in this case it is larger, I will need to go through each transaction to see what the problem is.

Looking forward to your reply.

with regards

d3vnu77
    Participant

Sorry for the delay, took a nice Thanksgiving holiday.

Yes, it is on a multisite installation. Yes, it is network activated.

d3vnu77
    Participant

Emailed you in this regard.

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you. I have replied to your email.

d3vnu77
    Participant

Just as you stated in your email.

Seems to randomly be putting the transaction on different blog ids..

See attached image

Brandon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for your help in diagnosing this.

For more detail on why the blog ids are assigned in this way see my reply to your other thread. Normally the blog_id should not matter in network_active installations, except for the following:

There is a bug in the code that displays balances in the admin backend. Addresses and transactions are filtered by blog_id even in network_active installations where they shouldn’t be.

Note that there is no issue with the actual balance calculations as they are used to process transactions. Only with the display in the admin screens.

This will be fixed in wallets version 5.0.13. I will notify you here about this.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

I have now released version 5.0.13 of wallets. In this version, the information seen under “Deposit Addresses” and “User Balances” are now complete for network active installations. This should resolve the issue with balances. Thanks again for spotting this issue.

with regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.