I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

[Help] Exchange or swap not working

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support [Help] Exchange or swap not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zhak
    Participant

after using shapeshift and which no longer works on my site anymore, i have tried making exchange possible on my platform using the shortcode “[wallets_exchange_market_order]”. this does not work for me too. the error i got from the frontend is “Market invalid or missing”…. by the way, i have cross-checked my settings and i have Created the market pairs [BTC_ETH], i have Enabled the coin from the Coinpayments adapter too, and each pair are working perfectly on its own.

Pls admin, what am i missing out on?
    is there any exchange/swap service that can be used?
    Is Shapeshift still working?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have added the ShapeShift extension to the list of decommissioned/deprecated plugins, because the platform has shifted to a dex model, and is no longer compatible with the plugin.

It sounds like you’ve done everything correctly. The issue you describe regarding the [wallets_exchange_market_order] shortcode could be due to any number of reasons. You didn’t mention whether there are any errors in the JavaScript console, and whether you have added sufficient liquidity to the market (i.e. limit orders). It could also be due to JSON-API market_summary requests being cached on the server side, or something else entirely.

Are you able to provide me with login credentials so I can check your site myself? If so, please contact me by email. Please send me the link to the page where you use the shortcode, and a username/password so I can check. I don’t think an admin account will be required for this, just a regular user account.

Looking forward to your reply.

with regards

zhak
    Participant

i have just contacted you by email. thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

@zhak Hello, can you check again? I did not receive any email at info@dashed-slug.net, and I checked my spam folder too.

zhak
    Participant

okay. have just resent the mail to

info@dashed-slug.net

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you, I have received your second email and logged in to check.

There are some JavaScript errors caused by your theme or other plugins, but luckily these do not interfere with the exchange extension.

I attempted to swap 0.0001 BTC for ETH. I entered 0.0001 BTC and clicked the button, to get the error:

Could not place order. Error: Could not enter market order: Order amount must be positive.

This is to be expected. Normally I should be able to see the amount of ETH to receive, but the plugin shows n/a.

Investigating more closely, I see that there is no liquidity on the BTC_ETH market.

This is explained in the Extension’s homepage. The plugin cannot magically import liquidity from other exchanges. There must be an active market to trade currencies.

The [wallets_exchange_market_order] shortcode places market orders. For a market order to execute, there must first be limit orders on the orderbook. Therefore there must be a market maker to place these limit orders around the generally agreed upon price for these currencies.

Also, you should deactivate the ShapeShift extension, because it’s still loading some assets that are not needed.

Please let me know if this is not clear, or if you have any other question.

with regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.