I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Getting a bad Monero address

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, the other addresses i tested all seem to work ok, but the monero one that it gives me is bc292a2fae64b5b8000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 which is bad. Any idea why? I will write to CoinPayments too.
    Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Are you certain that you are not confusing the address with the Payment ID?

Unfortunately the CoinPayments platform only creates one monero address per account and only varies the Payment IDs.

I am currently developing a full node monero coin adapter that will be connectable to a monero wallet. This will be the recommended way to use Monero in the near future.

best regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds good. It’s amazing how much you do. I was looking at the mining VPS and saw a notice from coinhive: The Monero network is scheduled to slightly change the hashing algorithm on October 18th.

So I guess it will sort itself out soon. Thanks.

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you 🙂

Monero will implement a series of scheduled forks to deter ASIC manufacturers. This does not affect the coin adapter, as the adapter simply communicates with the RPC API which should remain unchanged.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

The Monero coin adapter for full nodes is now released. See the blog announcement and adapter homepage for details.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.