I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Issue with CoinMarketCap API and question about fixer.io quotas

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Issue with CoinMarketCap API and question about fixer.io quotas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I received an email from fixer last week notifying that l have used 70% of my API usage qoata although lt was set to update every 1 hour. l changed it to 1hour:30minutes but today i received another email from fixer notifying that l have used 90% of my qoata. What might be the problem?

Another issue, l logged in to coinmarketcap and find that all AP1 requests are getting HTTP 400. See the attached screenshot. What might be the issue?. Yes the API key is set and coinmarketcap is enabled.

Regards,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

With a free plan, you get 1000 requests per month on fixer. If you have rates set to update every hour, this is 24*30 or 720 requests per month. Additionally the plugin performs a request every time you activate the plugin and whenever you click the exchange rates refresh button. So it is not unlikely for you to approach the limit near the end of the month. As today is the 29th of April, the limit will be reset in two days from now.

I will investigate the issue with CoinMarketCap, but please open a new thread for each issue in the future. I believe that some of the currencies you have enabled such as USDT.E may have a different symbol/ID on CoinMarketCap. If so, this is something that I will be able to fix in the next release of the plugin. Thank you for reporting this. I will keep you updated.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello again,

Turns out the reason for error 400 is that v1 of the API, which the plugin currently uses, has been discontinued: https://pro.coinmarketcap.com/migrate/

I will develop a new solution based on the latest API and will publish an update to the plugin soon.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the support, Alex

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

CMC integration is now working again in version 5.0.3 of the plugin.

You are now required to enter an API key, which can be obtained for free from CMC. Previously, the API key was optional.

If you have enabled any fiat currencies using the Fiat Coin Adapter Extension, then you should also enable the fixer.io service via an API key. This helps the plugin know which currencies are considered fiat, so that it does not attempt to query the CMC server about them.

Thanks again for letting me know about this issue.

with regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.