I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

failed withdraw and fees

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion failed withdraw and fees

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I have a problem on my installation,
    impossible to withdraw on money? (it can be because of cron I have a message)
    I would like to know how are the blockchain fees managed?

Are the transfers between users instantaneous?
    Is the transfer fee for my site?
    if so how to recover them?

thank you
    dove

Anonymous
    Inactive

and i have install bitcoind on ubuntu

Anonymous
    Inactive

i can send btc to my account, send btc to another user, but i can not withdraw

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Which adapter are you using? Fees are determined by the coin adapter. The fees are intended to cover the blockchain fees plus any more fees that you may want to charge. The actual fees paid on the blockchain are specified in your actual wallet if you are using a stand-alone wallet, or by your cloud wallet if you are using one of the cloud wallets. The fees you specify in the coin adapter settings should at least cover your actual fees.

When you attempt to send a withdrawal, it must be validated by the user and admin by default. When you visit the transactions screen, in what state is your withdrawal? If it is in a “failed” state, then the user will have received an email with an error message that will let you know what the problem was.

As for internal transfers, these are nearly instantaneous but not quite. First they must be user-verified over email by default. Then they are executed in batches on the next cron runs. You can control how often cron runs and how large a batch of transactions it processes each time.

Let me know which adapter you’re using and what error you get with your withdrawal.

kind regards,
    Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

Thank you for this quick response,
    I do not understand why on virtual box I do not receive mail ….
    I will try on a server 1and1

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

If you are not getting emails this is not an issue with the plugin, but with your OS setup. Unless you have set up sendmail on a system, emails will not work.

Since you are testing in a VM, it makes sense that this would not be set up, while on an actual live server provided by a web host, emails would work.

The easiest workaround I can think of is to forward emails through a gmail account. You can setup a plugin such as this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

It’s what I use in my development environment.

Once you get emails working, let me know what error you get with your withdrawals.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

The default from address (wordpress@mysite.com) in the email headers from a fresh WordPress install will get blocked by most email providers such as gmail, yahoo, and outlook. This can be confirmed by checking the junk/spam folders in the email’s desktop browser sometimes for some reason they don’t show up in my spam folders on my phone. Simple solution is to download a ” change from email” plugin from the wordpress depository.

If not check if sendmail is installed on your system by typing in the command-line:
    which sendmail

alexg
    Keymaster

Thanks coinstar for your input.

Since the OP is testing in a VM, it is unlikely that sendmail would be installed AND correctly set up. As you know setting up an email server is a lot of hard work. This is why I suggested the plugin solution.

As for emails going to the spam folder, this can be easily solved for testing purposes, if you just add the email to your contacts in your webmail solution.

On an actual live setup you would not have to do any of this, of course.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very true – figure I would mention in case the OP was testing from a gmail/yahoo account.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I have installed the plugin for mails and here is the message:

You have attempted to withdraw ฿-0.00037640 BTC to address 34ZxaL1pRitFQ86A4UFaaAUdrHr9kJNk4A.

Your transaction failed after being attempted a predetermined number of times and will not be retried any further. If you are unsure why your transaction failed, please contact the administrator.

Last error message: Dashed_Slug_Wallets_Coin_Adapter_RPC->do_withdraw() failed to send with status=”500″ and error=”Error: running with an unencrypted wallet, but walletlock was called.”
    Transacton created at: 2018-01-09 14:27:15
    Comment: commentadsfasdf
    Extra transaction info (optional): labeldfasdf

thank you for your time and your advice

alexg
    Keymaster

Ah yes, this is a bug that was fixed in the latest version. Sorry about that.

Either update to the latest version, or add a passphrase to your wallet.

Ideally you should do both.

kind regards

alexg
    Keymaster

You also helped me notice that I’ve misspelled “transaction”, so thank you for that! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Last error message: Dashed_Slug_Wallets_Coin_Adapter_RPC->do_withdraw() failed to send with status=”500″ and error=”Error: This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least 0.00097279″
    Transacton created at: 2018-01-09 15:31:40
    Comment: 0.00037640
    Extra transaction info (optional): 0.00037640

i have another error, did you know how to fix it ?

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes,

As you know the Bitcoin fees are quite high at the moment due to the Lightning network not having been deployed yet.

The actual fees that your Bitcoin core wallet pays to the blockchain are controlled by your bitcoin.conf, not the plugin.

In your coin adapter there is some text about this, I’m pasting it here:

This withdrawal fee is NOT the network fee, and you are advised to set the withdrawal fee to an amount that will cover the network fee of a typical transaction, possibly with some slack that will generate profit. To control network fees use the wallet settings in bitcoin.conf: paytxfee, mintxfee, maxtxfee, etc. Refer to the documentation for details.

So you will need to configure a sensible amount of fees for a single transaction, depending on how fast you want it confirmed. The withdraw transaction is from one address to one address. You should set this in your bitcoin.conf. Then, make sure that the withdrawal fees set in the plugin are at least as high as this, or higher.

You can estimate a sensible value for the current time period from this webpage: https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

Also take the time to read this: https://support.earn.com/digital-currency/bitcoin-transactions-and-fees/how-do-i-calculate-my-transaction-fee

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s good it works but when I open bitcoin qt j wing message Status: 0/unconfirmed, in memory pool
    did you know why ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.