I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Deposits issue

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Alex I found some issues regarding user deposits. I tested with LTC test and all deposits going to user adresses does not save as user deposit. I dont get the confirmation email of the user deposit, but only from conpaments as a standard deposit in my account.

I checked at IPN history and they are not successful. Any suggestion?

With blckIO adapter I get deposits correctly, receiving the confirmation email and the deposits are saved in user balances.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for reporting. This is a common problem with the CoinPayments adapter.

1. Is this a new installation of the CoinPayments adapter?

2. If so, have you checked the troubleshooting section, under “Deposits come through to the CoinPayments platform but do not show up in the plugin.”?

The troubleshooting section is on the adapter’s homepage.

3. Do you see any error message in the “Account keys” tab?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I found that the problem was with IPN, as indicated in the IPN debugging message. I renewed API keys and IPN secret and now it works correctly again.

From this experience I found that the fee aplyed for deposits are twice (in fee settings I dont see deposits settings info), from copaments and the extension. From the third party service this are the fees applyed:

– Commercial Deposits (Callback Addresses created with our API) 0.50%
    – Personal Deposits (Addresses made on the Your Wallets page or Deposit Addresses retreived with our API) First 30,000 USD equivalent monthly: FREE After that: 0.50%

in which case it is supposed it’s applyed when usin IPN? I understand that is the second case because that they dont get deposit fee because I’m still under the 30k$ equivalent, and that’s why I see only the fee from the extension. Their rule of free deposits is not taken into account.

Alex is there a way to implement in balances an additional option to show to users how their deposits value changed in fiat equivalent taking into account the transactions? The total value change in % should take into account a ponderation coeff for the deposits (or other transaction) at instants(i) t(i) with the rate(i)…

Just another question about cleaing all data. In some moment I will need to clean all test data generated from testing. How can I perform this correctly?

Thank you in Advance

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Great news that you solved the IPN issue.

I will make a note to check again the deposit fees as soon as possible. I believe you are correct, the 0.50% fee is probably counted twice. If so, will fix it ASAP.

Your request about a total value change % sounds possible. I will have to look at it.

If you wish to clear all test data, please see the troubleshooting section in the documentation, under “I have finished testing the plugin and am now ready to use it in production. I would like to clear any deposit addresses and transactions that I used in testing.”

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Alex. I think the change indicator in %, with sign and color indicator (red, green) would be good for users to know haw their deposits flucutate against fiat, specially for those roles using the exchnge.

About the fees, yes it sounds like you toke the first category of Commercial Deposits, where the fee is 0.5%. In my case, maybe I should change my category from Personal Deposits to Commercial Deposits, I have to read their Terms. But anyway, maybe adding a fee to set up the deposit fee manually it should be better, in case for example they change their fees or simply someone wants to apply a higher fee.

Best regards, and thank you again

alexg
    Keymaster

The fee issue has been fixed in the latest release of the CoinPayments adapter, 1.0.7. Thank you very much for spotting this!

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re wellcome Alex, thanks to you also!

I can’t see the 1.0.7 release for download, not ready yet?

alexg
    Keymaster

My mistake,

It is available now.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the update.

After some testing it seems that there is still an issue regarding deposit fees. I hope I will be clear explaining myself.

1. I sent 1 LTCT to an user LTCT adress
    2. Received as superaccount admin and a confirmation from CP.NET of a deposit of 1 LTCT.
    3. I checked on CP dashboard in IPN history transaction and deposit record and I found that a fee of 0.5% is discounted. Info found in deposit record:
    1.00000000 LTCT
    Minus Fee: 0.00500000 LTCT
    Net: 0.99500000 LTCT
    4. Received an email from CP adapter extension confirming the deposit of 1 LTCT, founding in Transactions that 1 LTCT is accounted in user balance, without taking into account the fee taken from CP.

So using the 1.0.7 it could be a bit confusing because the fee of 0.5% is assumed by the site admin. This is why I suggested to add a Deposit fee field in the adapter settings. Another option is just to give free deposit option, but with a porportional withdrawal fee equal at least to 0.5%.

Using the 1.0.6 version does the job in terms of taking into account the fee taken from CP. But, if CP changes their deposit fee politics, the Adapter takes into account automatically the new fee or it is something fixed at 0.5% in the code?

The simplest way is in my opinion is implementing a Deposit fee field in the adapter settings. What do you think about Alex?

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for testing. I have done similar tests.

If you send 1 LTCT to the deposit address, it is correct to say that 0.995 LTCT is deposited, after the fee is subtracted.

This is reflected correctly in the plugin’s transactions list. In the coinpayments platform, if you visit the wallets section, you will see that 0.995 LTCT is added.

I do not plan to add a variable deposit fee to this or the other coin adapters. The only deposit fee is the one that is enforced by the CoinPayments platform. This is currently 0.5%, but the value is not fixed in my code. If it changes, the change will be reflected in the plugin. The plugin finds out about how much was spent in fees from the IPN message each time a deposit is made.

You mentioned that you deposited 1 LTCT and you saw 1 LTCT added to the user balance. Could you please confirm that? My tests indicate that this is definitely not the case. 0.995 LTCT is added both to the CoinPayments balance and the plugin’s balance.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perfect if the fee is taken from IPN message. So you’re right about no need of setting variable deposit fee.

About what I get when testing with 1 LTCT, here are some screenshots. In user balance is accounted 1 LTCT, as you can see.

According to this information, it is not clear for the user about how much he deposited and taken into account in his balance, in this case he sees 1 LTCT and 0.005 LTCT, but not clear if he got 1 LTCT or 0.995 LTCT.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,

I made some more tests, and I confirm you that for 1 LTCT deposit, the user get 1 LTCT in his account (as shown from his front). The fee is not accounted in user balances.

In user front transactions, maybe a better disclosure with details should be more clear for users, such as CP format:

Net: 0.995 LTCT
    1 LTCT
    Minus fee (or with minus symbol): 0.005 LTCT

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello again Alex,

I know that you’re busy, I was just wondering if you had time to check about the fees accounting.

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reminding me but there’s no need. I have a system where I track all user requests.

When I get to work on this I will let you know.

kind regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I had another look. The deposit fee is handled correctly. This is also illustrated by the screenshots you posted above (see Capture-CP-Transaction-test-1.0.7.png).

amount = 0.995
    amount+fee = 1.000

This is the expected behavior.

with regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.