I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Distinguishing between fiat/crypto coins in the frontend UI

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support Distinguishing between fiat/crypto coins in the frontend UI

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I hope you are doing well.

I am wondering if it would be possible to organize the markt table in categories showing by blocks rows fiat,crypto and custosms. The same for the general balances table.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is a good idea.

It’s not possible to distinguish between fiat/custom, only between crypto or fiat/custom. I can modify the frontend templates, so that each row has classes denoting whether the base or quote symbol is crypto or fiat/custom. Then you’ll be able to style the rows differently, or even hide one type or the other using CSS.

I can also do this for the main plugin’s UIs. Changes to the parent plugin must happen before any changes to the Exchange extension.

I will notify you here when I release these changes.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Thank you for thinking on this.

Actually the disctinction is a need both for a better user experience and for organisation. I would much appreciate if you can consider this for the 3 categories crypto/custom/fiat. If fiat/custm goes together there will be confusion.

That is the idea, from the main plugin’s UIs like the balances table and them the exchnge table also.

I was thinking in something like:

Cryptos:
    A
    B
    C…
    Fiat:
    AA
    BB
    CC..
    Custom:
    AAA
    BBB
    CCC…

Much appreciated your work

Thanks

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you.

As discussed before, I will introduce classes into the market table rows, indicating which markets have fiat/crypto base and quote currencies.

Using these, you will be able to hide rows and thus display one UI with fiat markets, and another with crypto markets, as needed.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

In version 1.3.2 of the Exchange extension I have added two new buttons to the [wallets_exchange_markets] shortcode. The buttons filter markets by fiat-denominated or crypto-denominated. The buttons are only shown if both types of market exist. I have also added relevant HTML classes to the rows in the [wallets_exchange_markets] and [wallets_exchange_markets template="static"] shortcodes. See the changelog for details.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

I updated to the mentioned version, and as I could see it is a good solution. I had to adapt my concept but at the end it fits very well with my ends.

The only think I would like to see, is on the general solution, like distiguishing between crypto/fiat/custom clearly on the balances template (becaue even if fiat/custom goes toghether it is not the same at all… and could lead to some bad purposes like scams).

As my previous thoughts,, please Alex, the issue regarding customs appearing in the Deposit and the Wightrawals templates should be fixed. As you could mention, a general approach enabling to admin authirizing which coin can be withdrawd/deposited/transfered could be a much better approach than focusing on one type. Please give to it a solution.

Thanks as usual, much appreciated your excellent work.

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Glad to hear that the new solution works for you (i.e. displaying fiat and crypto markets in different tabs).

You also mentioned the issue of qr codes for custom coins appearing in the [wallets_deposit] and [wallets_withdraw] UIs (from this other thread).

With the new HTML classes .crypto-coin and .fiat-coin that will be released today, you can do this with CSS. i.e. hide all qrcodes, then display the ones that are known to be crypto or fiat, according to the Excahnge rate providers.

I will not be hiding qr codes for custom coins by default for several reasons:

1. Custom coins are not a concept of the parent plugin, only the fiat coin adapter extension. They are a hack and should really not be used under normal circumstances. In fact I am strongly considering to remove the custom coins feature as it is a mess.

2. If I were to add such CSS rules into the plugin, it would hide the UIs for all coins, for users who have not set up fixer.io.

3. This would cause issues with people who have connected to a full node wallet for a coin that is not known to third party services yet.

Therefore you now have all the tools to implement what you suggest, with no more than two or three simple CSS rules which can be added to customizer.

We can continue this discussion if you like, but I have repeatedly told you that I will NOT be implementing this change. But look out for version 5.0.6 where UIs will be annotated with the HTML classes .crypto-coin and .fiat-coin. If you’ve set up fixer.io, then any coin that does not have these classes is likely to be a custom coin.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Version 5.0.6 is out now. Many UIs now annotate their nodes with the crypto-coin and fiat-coin classes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the release, excellent work.

I does want to convince you to do something that can cause issues as you mention. I am just trying to discuss about solutions.

What I cannot agree, is about removing the customs feature. To much work and suggestions were made in order to make it working, and it does verry well, except showing in the deposit and withrawal sections, which is not a big issue. Where is that you see a mess?

I would much appreciate if you can guide me with some css tips for hiding them from the dropdown menus in wallets-deposits and wallets-wtihdrawals if possible.

Maybe this could be a new topic, about givin to admins to enable deposits and withdrawals of available coins. It a general solution that fits very well. Event coinpaimnts give the choice to block withdrawals and deposits, if I remember well.

Thanks as usual

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Here’s some CSS you could use for your use case. This utilizes the new classes crypto-coin and fiat-coin: Known crypto coins have the class crypto-coin, known fiat coins (with respect to fixer.io data) have the class fiat-coin and other coins, such as custom coins don’t have these classes.

To hide the deposit QR code for coins that are not known to be crypto coins:

.dashed-slug-wallets.deposit .qrcode { display:none;}
    .dashed-slug-wallets.deposit.crypto-coin .qrcode { display:inherit;}

And to hide the withdraw information for coins that are not known to be crypto coins:

.dashed-slug-wallets.withdraw tr:not(:first-child) { display:none;}
    .dashed-slug-wallets.withdraw.crypto-coin tr { display:table-row;}

You could add these to your customizer. Hope this helps.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I updated to all new versions and everything works perfect, there was never a mess or errors with this, just giving it a more solid use.

I tried to hide in the dropdown selector the custom one but no success. I used your css tips and it works. If it is not too much asking you about this, how should I hide in the despoit template not only the qr code but also the adress and the getting new adress button? (like in the withdrawal form).

I want to thank you for this great work and for your patience, and my apologies if any missunderstanding.

Best regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,

I added USDT, and it seems that when I click on the cryptotab button, it does not take it into account with other coins, what should be the issue?

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

I tested with a USDT_LTC market. It shows up correctly under the CRYPTO_* tab, since USDT is crypto. Note that only markets with a crypto base currency will show up under CRYPTO_*.

What do you see when you type this into your browser console?

wp.wallets.viewModels.walletsExchange.coins()['USDT'].is_crypto

This should return true. If the result is false, then check again your Exchange rate providers. I am using Coingecko, which reports USDT correctly as a crypto coin. Also, click once on the “Clear/refresh data now” in the Exchange rates admin page and check again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are correct. The issue here was the exchange rate provider, using the same as you everything works properly.

Do you recommend Coingecko better Bittrex or coinmarketcap? what’s the difference for the extension?

alexg
    Keymaster

The only difference between these services is how many coins they have information for.

If you are on a service that does not include prices for all the coins you’re using, then add another service that does.

But if you enable all the services this can slow down your site, and is not necessary. So choose the services that work for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.