I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Withdrawals and deposits of custom currencies

dashed-slug.net Forums Fiat Coin Adapter extension support Withdrawals and deposits of custom currencies

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I am having some confusinng user experiences regarding created custmcoins on the deposit and withdrawal interfaces. Please could you disable them from those interfaces and dropdown selector?

Actually as it is the interface gives the option of scanning the QR or copyin the code in order to withdraw it, but it not true. At least at this time it does not have any sens yet.

Maybe a simple approach solution it would be to let the customs in dropdown but instead of showing the QR and the code tab, showing a message entered by admin from the backnd, like “Option not applicable”. What do you think?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Actually, the codes shown as “deposit address”, which can be scanned via QR, are not meaningless. They are exactly the code that you can use as an admin in the deposit tool. The code uniquely identifies the combination of user and currency. It is meant to be used for any other type of deposit, as long as you can verify manually that the deposit occurred. Therefore they are shown as intended.

What you suggest could be added as an option: if it is checked, then the deposit address for custom coins can be hidden from the JSON API, and therefore will not be shown. And it is possible to change the deposit dropdown to not show any coins without a deposit address. This would require changes both in the parent plugin and the coin adapter.

I will plan to roll out the necessary changes with the next releases for these two components.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good day Alex,

Much appreciated your help.

I consider you are talking also about the withdrawalUI, it is true that they do not show up in thisadapter, but they do in the main general wihdrawals interface. That is why I mentionned both interfaces.

Regarding the dropdowns, the only thing that I would add to my comment, is about the rest of insterfaces. Shoud not affect the balance,trsnfer andhistory interfaces. In somehow when I check a certain coin from the dropdowns in one of them, it automatically update the rest of interfaces on the same page, which is excellent in terms of navigation.

Maybe if you consider it is feasible with no much complicated work, in the option you mention adding a checkbox for each custom in order to chose wich can be shown in deposit and withdrawals and wich not.

Thank again for your consideration and great work!

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

OK this requires more thought than I initially believed:

Essentially you want to control which coins are allowed to do any one of the operations move, deposit, withdraw. This requires big changes. If it is to be done, it has to be done for all coins, and in a way that will not require more changes two weeks down the road.

Can you tell me more about your use case? What are you using custom coins for? Is it some type of store credit that does not make sense to deposit/withdraw?

Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Indeed the approach you are talking about is a bigger change, but it would give more bigger control for admins. That’s why I suggested it initially just for customcoints, just for the deposit and widthrawal UI, and if eventually if also for movetransfrs better, but in this last case it should not affect the exchnge if a markt is enabled for that custom, so it should affect only the transfers UI between usrs (adding eventually a capability of who can send/receive customs).

I think this gives a better management in terms of categories type/operation, like in this case for customs where I do not see what kind of use case fits with the deposit/widthrawls (for now).

That’s it Alex, more or less is that, for credits (still in conception).

Thanks to you. Let me know what do you think.

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

What I am talking about is not a bigger change, only a more general and simpler one. At this time I do not see a need to work on this extension. Once I decide to work on this I will let you know.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Alex for your reply.

This is something really needed in my opinion, since as it is actually leads to some confusions with real cryptos appearing alongside in the deposits/withdrawal UI.

I would much appreciate if you can consider this. I wold be glad to know about your decision.

Thanks as usual

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you.

I understand your argument, but I have not reached a decision on what to do on this. Doing so would take too much time right now that I do not have.

In the meantime, you could use text to explain to your users that they cannot deposit/withdraw custom coins, or simply do not use custom coins.

When I arrive at a decision I will let you know.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

I’ve been looking again into this.

Have you set up fixer.io? If you set up fixer.io, then the plugin knows which coins are crypto and which are not.

Then, fiat coins are not shown in the [wallets_deposit] and [wallets_withdraw] UIs. This feature was implemented in 4.0.0.

Apologies, but I forgot about it! This entire thread could have been much shorter!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Of course Alex, what you mention is correct, but for fiat. I have set up fixer.io and for fiat is correct.

The point here is not fiat, but customs ones, they still show. Try to add some and see it checkt it, you will find them.

Please Alex if you can check on it again. Much appreciated.

Thank you again

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

OK, then the plugin works as intended.

To be clear, I am not planning to do the changes required to separate fiat from custom coins.

My recommendation is that you do not use custom coins with the Exchange if this is a big problem.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Maybe I was not clear enough explaining it.

The point here is not the exchange, but Deposit and Withdrawal UI’s for cryptos. When it comes to fiat it works correctly, so not showing up on those UIs. But the customs still shows up, which is incorrect.

Just asking to make the customs hiden in those interfaces, as for fiats do, nothing separately.

Could you have a look?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Apologies, I was thinking of the other thread related to the Exchange.

The same holds for the UIs of the parent plugin. I will be adding classes so you can distinguish between fiat/crypto.

I will not be providing a way to distinguish between fiat and custom coins.

Hope this is clear.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I could imagine about the confusing threads.

Alex, here I am not asking for distingishing between fiat and customs. I am asking for giving the same behaviour for fiat as for customs on the Deposits and Withdrawals CRYPTO UIS.

The fiat are hidden correctly on those interfaces, but the customs are still showing up. They shoud be hidden as fiat do.

I hope I expressed myself in a more clear way.

Please let me know if you cant see what I am talking about

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.