I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Blank ShapeShift Extension

dashed-slug.net Forums ShapeShift Exchange extension support Blank ShapeShift Extension

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello I would like to say Thank you for the plugins you create, but ever since 4.9.7 ONLY the Exchange-ShapeShift Plugin is showing a blank screen, I’ve checked permissions and have the “exchange_to_wallet” permission. It just shows a empty box.

Any Ideas would be helpful.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I doublechecked and the extension still works on my end.

You mentioned that you have checked two of the three things mentioned in the troubleshooting section on the extension’s page.

1. You also need to have at least two coins online, and these two coins must be ones that the ShapeShift service supports. Can you confirm please?

2. Does the problem persist if you switch to another theme?

Thanks

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hate to say… I’ve tried that. We have a listing of over 30 coins.

That is not the issue.

We have even tried to reinstall the plugin, thinking it might be a SQL link issue. Still no luck.

Hence why I’m here. ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I even tried to disable the theme (Reverting to WordPress Stock) with still no luck.

And its ONLY the ShapeShift Extension… Nothing else…

Maybe a clue… Some of my users, Ive had to manually reset their “Roles” in my database.

alexg
    Keymaster

I see. Why do you think it might be a database issue? This is possible but unlikely, as the front-end form does not really depend on the database.

More importantly:

1. Are there any errors in your JavaScript Console?

2. Can you check the network tab in your browser to see if any connections fail, or if some assets are not loaded?

3. Alternatively, perhaps you could provide me with a regular user account so I can login and have a look at the above things?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for helping me figure it out… I think I know what it is now… Restricted location for Shapeshift API.. Stupid Laws.. but probably should add that in a note somewhere.

Washington State, New York, and another place have strict Crypto Laws right now.

I happen to live in one of those. 🙂

Thanks again, and apologize for bugging you.

alexg
    Keymaster

Ah, I see…

Thank you very much for providing this info.

I will add it to the FAQ.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, it can easily be bypassed by VPN… But it throws a “GeoIPLocation” Error…

{"error":{"code":"geoRestriction","message":"You have tried to access a protected end point from a blocked region. See http://pleaseprotectconsumers.org for more info","data":{"url":"http://pleaseprotectconsumers.org"}}}

And of course, always glad to help other developers. 🙂

alexg
    Keymaster

Thanks.

Keep in mind that the problem here is legal, not technical.

There might be technical ways to circumvent this, but it might not be legal, so I cannot advise you to do so.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know this. We have multiple locations, it doesn’t matter if the server is in those regions. It’s the user.

Just thought I’d let you know.

Not Server location issue, it’s user-end.

?

Anonymous
    Inactive

After looking up the laws, Only Extension that would violate those particular laws is the “Exchange Extension”.

WA State prohibits asset exchange without documentation knowing what those assets are worth.

Pretty much, Holding Crypto, Giving Crypto, and Earning Crypto is 100% legal. “Trading or Exchanging” is not.

Sad. But still wont affect my Company due to its all 100% community owned and distributed around the world. 🙂

Only fix in your code you would need is a blocking of a GEOIP Region for your exchange extension. I will keep you updated if any other legal issues change here. So far WA State has the biggest Crypto Mining Operation in the USA. So definately not illegal. lol.

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes, thank you.

I understand that only exchanging is illegal in NY, not owning.

The site admin is responsible for enforcing this, and there are ways to do this even without explicit support from the plugin.

But I will aim to provide some GEOIP blocking for convenience. This must come with a big disclaimer of course, as I cannot constantly check the legal framework on each legal jurisdiction on the planet, to keep the block list updated. Ultimately the responsibility must lie on the site operator.

Thank you for all your feedback in this matter, I appreciate it.

kind regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.