I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Add 2 separate coins with the SAME Symbol

dashed-slug.net Forums Full Node Multi Coin Adapter extension support Add 2 separate coins with the SAME Symbol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, everyone. It became necessary to run two coins with the same name and symbol in the same wallet. This is because the network is completely restarted but the old one is still supported. What should I do in this situation? When I register two coins in the wallet configuration, it does not show the second one in the admin panel

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not possible* Please tell me how to get out of this situation

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately the plugin only works with coin symbols being unique.

In your situation, I would recommend that you create different coin symbols, so that if your symbol is ABC, then create something like ABC and ABC2, ABC and ABCOLD, or ABC and ABC2, or something like that.

If you absolutely need to use the same symbol for both coins, then how are your users going to differentiate between the two? Only by the coin’s icon? You need to explain to your users why they have two different balances on what appears to be the same coin but is actually two coins.

In any case, here’s an ugly hack that I thought of just now: You could maybe use a non-printable Unicode character, such as the zero-width space, in the old coin’s symbol string: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-width_space

I am not saying that this is a nice solution; it will probably create confusion, so it’s up to you to decide if you want to do this. If you do, at least make sure that the two coins have different icons, because this will be very confusing for your users otherwise.

The two coins will be different for the system, but users will be seeing the same symbol on their screens.

I hope that this helps you, and that it doesn’t create a big mess! Please test it before deploying on production.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank You Alexg! I did so, and connected both coins conditionally ABC (ABCcoin) and ABC20 (Abcoinnewblockchain) but for ABCcoin I perform wallet replenishment and it works as before perfectly then for ABC20 when replenishing the wallet Hot Wallet is replenished, and coins are accepted but are not displayed in the WordPress panel not in transactions not in the created deposits addresses although the address is created from the user’s interest when selecting a coin and coins come to the Hot Wallet
    Before that, I connected the other coin and both worked together without problems.

Where might the problem be? Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

deposit not showing until i do a manual api call

I think this should help. I will try and report the result here!

alexg
    Keymaster
    alexg
    Keymaster

Only the name, port, and symbol are actually necessary.

If you don’t have explorer URIs then set these to false or empty.

The other options you set, should appear as defaults when you enter coin adapter settings via the admin. (These defaults currently don’t work very well, but I have prepared a fix for this, and I will be uploading it within this week.)

with regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.