I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Your recommendation for big exchange site

dashed-slug.net Forums Exchange extension support Your recommendation for big exchange site

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

From the plugin home page, it reads…

There are no guarantees that the extension can scale to the trading volumes of the big exchanges. The aim is to enable small website owners to provide exchange functionality, with minimal effort, on top of WordPress. Your exchange’s ability to scale will likely depend on a number of factors, including the maximum size of your DB and other server characteristics.

My site is hosted on cloud server, which I personally managed. Giving to this, if I have my server well sets up for maximum performance, can this plugin be use for high volume exchange site?

If yes, what is the comprehensive server recommendation for people who wishes to run big exchange site with this plugin?

alexg
    Keymaster

“Large” servers like Bittrex, Binance, Poloniex, etc do not run on a server. Instead they are built using different technologies and infrastructure that enables them to leverage large server farms. Their apps are usually built as containerized microservices and they do a lot of stuff to ensure high availability that are simply not possible with WordPress. You can certainly use a big server to improve performance and scalability of the Exchange, but unfortunately I do not have any concrete numbers for you. Roughly speaking, I do not think that with this type of technology you would be able to serve millions of people. This is why I added the warning.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.