dashed-slug.net › Forums › WooCommerce Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway extension support › WOOCOMERCE PAYMENT GATEWAY ERROR
August 24, 2018 at 8:44 pm #4128
I KEEP GETTING THIS ERRORS
“Transaction error: The exchange rate for the selected cryptocurrency is not currently available. Please try again later or choose to pay with another currency or Transaction Type.”
HOW DO I SOLVE THIS
1. I SELECTED ONLY BITTREX AND COINMARKETAPP AS MY EXCHANGE RATE API, AND I ALSO SELECTED ONLY POLENIX YET I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR, WHAT IS WRONG?
2. MY DEFAULT PAYMENT CURRENCY IS USD.
3. THE COIN SELECTOR UI IS NOT SHOWING ON CHECKOUT PAGE , IT IS ONLY SHOWING ON PRODUCT SINGLE PAGE, PLEASE HOW CAN I MAKE IT SHOW ON THE CHECKOUT PAGE?August 25, 2018 at 12:08 am #4129
please i now understand that i am to select fixer.io as one of the exchange rates and then select either bitterex or novela, but why question is how can i put the fixer.io api key,
OR SHOULD I JUST PASTE
INTO MY BITCOIN WALLET EXCHANGE RATE SETTING?August 25, 2018 at 9:54 am #4130
You should simply add the code into the field Fixer API key, without the URI prefix.
Then, the exchange rate will be available, once the cron job reloads the rates.
I strongly recommend that you renew your key to something else. Otherwise anyone can use it, now that you pasted it on this forum.
Since there is a limit on how much you can use the key per month, you do not want anyone else using your key.
There is a coin selector on the checkout page once you select “Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets” as payment method. The dropdown lists all the coins that have enough balance to pay for the cart, so make sure that there is enough balance first.
Please do let me know if you face any more problems.
kind regardsAugust 25, 2018 at 10:04 am #4131
Thanks but i don’t see the coin selector on my checkout page, and secondly if the user has no balance will the error message still be exchange rates problems?August 25, 2018 at 10:15 am #4136
How can I show it on the check out page, the payment gateway is showing and saying the user should select coin from above but no drop down menu is showing on the check out page above, don’t you think is safer to put the coin selector in the payments gateway description below the word that reads you can select the coin above?
I am using the coinpayments adopter.August 26, 2018 at 3:19 pm #4146
I have done all you said but I keep getting the exchange rates errors, even though the rates are shown correctly, are shown correctly in the exchange rate where i used the wallet_rates shortcodes, and it also displays correct exchange rate during checkout because I enabled currency to show on cart and checkout page, but once the user click the submit button all it says is currency exchange rate error for selected currency.August 26, 2018 at 3:54 pm #4148
Thank you for reporting this problem. I tested the checkout process again and could not reproduce the problem you report. Could you please give me some more info?
1. In your previous message you mentioned that there was no dropdown menu on the checkout page, but now you say that you attempted to do a checkout and got the error message. Does this mean that now you were able to select a cryptocurrency on the checkout page?
2. You mentioned that your shop’s default currency is USD. Which cryptocurrency did you attempt to checkout with?
3. Can you confirm that A) it a currency that you have installed an adapter for and B)the exchange rate of that particular currency to USD is available? Alternatively, do you have the exchange rate of that currency to BTC, AND the BTC_USD exchange rate?
4. Are you using the latest version of the gateway (
5. Did your shop work with this currency before, or are you installing a new currency?
Looking forward to your reply.
kind regardsAugust 26, 2018 at 7:11 pm #4155
Thanks here are answers to your questions.
1. The drop-down is only shown on single product page not on checkout page, and in the product single page i selected btc as Payment coin and then click on continue, my settings redirects to checkout page immediately skipping the cart page, and once am in the checkout page i can only see the currency conversion of all the coin i enabled which are ltc, btc and etherum. And they show as list not as drop down, this is not the UI coin selector, is just showing users various exchange rates that is in the coin.
2. I am using woocommerce coin payment gateway version 1.2.3 which I believe is the latest.
3. I only enabled Btc, Ltc, and Etherum coins in my adopter and the wallet are showing,
Yes I have the exchange rate btc to usd showing in the exchange rate debugging area of bitcoin wallet. And I have put my fixer.io api key.
4. Every other gateway works with usd currency because that has been my shop currency right from inception.
PLEASE CAN I SEND YOU LOGIN DETAILS TO HELP ME CHECK WHAT I HAVE NOT DONE CORRECTLY?August 26, 2018 at 7:22 pm #4156
This is the screen shots
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.August 26, 2018 at 7:24 pm #4158August 26, 2018 at 7:40 pm #4160
OkayAugust 26, 2018 at 8:31 pm #4161
Everything is now working because I uninstalled the latest version which is 1.2.3 and then installed the old version 1.1.4 and even works fine, i can see the selection coin up in checkout page, and I no longer see exchange rate errors, i got to where it says insufficient funds.
Bcs i was testing with an empty wallet.August 27, 2018 at 8:38 am #4173
The dropdown you see next to the product is not there for you to select a currency but simply to display the cost against different currencies. The same information can be presented as a list if you prefer. The actual selection for the payment currency occurs on the checkout page, after the user selects “Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets”.
Which currency did you choose on checkout?
The data you pasted seems to indicate that you have all the necessary data for the plugin to calculate exchange rates.
I am curious, if you meant that you installed version 1.1.14, or 1.1.4 of the gateway?
If you wish you can email me login details and I can have a quick look.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.