I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

When is SSH tunneling needed?

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion When is SSH tunneling needed?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, so originally I was thinking anything other than running your own node on the same server was a situation that would need to SSH tunnel for communications. Now from the other thread I’m a little unsure. If I am using for example the coinpayments adapter, do I still need to use SSH tunneling in some way? Or is this basically for when you have 2 different servers running? Like server A has the website and server B runs your node.

For coinpayments you can restrict calls to a certain ip or ip range and it has to match secrets, etc. Is this all I really need or am I supposed to somehow setup some kind of tunnel that sends all the communications to their api over?

Thanks and sorry if this is kinda basic but I wasn’t too sure by your wording if this applies always or just between servers A and B when not using some 3rd party service.

Side question: Any plans to integrate with gourl btc? I believe that can just work with like an electrum wallet that you control. Like any deposits and payments go there.

alexg
    Keymaster

SSH tunneling is needed if you have set up a full node on a machine different than the one you are running WordPress on, i.e. for the connection to the JSON-RPC API of Bitcoin core and friends. (for more, see here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Enabling_SSL_on_original_client_daemon )

It is not needed or recommended for the cloud wallets.

I do not have plans to integrate the plugin with GoUrl.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.