I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Wallet Deposit Being Charged Fees

dashed-slug.net Forums CoinPayments.net Wallet Adapter extension support Wallet Deposit Being Charged Fees

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am trying to understand why is Deposit being Charged Withdrawal Fees? Isn’t it supposed to be charged only on Withdrawals and Internal Move? Or is it necessary to have a fee to be applied at every deposit amount which are received by deposit address?

How can I fix it? I don’t want users to get double charged.
    They already pay fees during making a transaction to deposit address.
    Yet the received amount is being charged a fee again by the plugin
    and hence the deposit amount is lower than the amount deposited.

I am currently testing on LTCT.

Also why are confirmation set MAX_CONFIRMS ? I don’t think we need that slot of info if the txid is being directly linked to a blockchain public records where confirmation can be easily seen.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In short, whenever a user makes a deposit. It gets charged with fee. Is that supposed to happen or its a bug?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

The plugin operates as expected.

The CoinPayments platform imposes a 0.5% deposit fee for all deposits. For more information see here: https://www.coinpayments.net/supported-coins

If you do not want to have any deposit fees, you must use your own full node wallets. However, there is no ERC-20 adapter available at this time, only forks of Bitcoin, Monero, and TurtleCoin can be connected as full node wallets to the plugin.

The MAX_CONFIRMS column is there for these other full node wallets. You can ignore it when you use CoinPayments. The CoinPayments platform makes its own decision on how many confirmations it requires before it considers a deposit confirmed. This information is also listed at the above link (Supported Coins).

with regards

P.S. I am transferring this discussion to the CoinPayments support forum, as this only relates to the CoinPayments adapter.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with that but it’s not 0.5% fee that I am talking about.
    Deposits are being applied Withdrawal Fees on deposit.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll check again if I overlooked anything

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I also checked again.

For CoinPayments deposits, the fee shown to the user is the fee reported by the IPN message, which should be the 0.5% deposit fee. I don’t see how the deposit fee could be confused with the withdrawal fee.

Furthermore, the fee on deposit entries to the ledger do not affect user balances. They are there simply to show the user what was paid as fees to the CoinPayments platform.

If you think something is wrong, can you please show me as much data as possible? i.e. a deposit transaction, as shown in the plugin and on the blockchain?

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

No nothings wrong. I got bit confused with my own settings back then.
    But in the run, I figured wouldn’t it be best to charge them 1%
    coinpayments fee during withdrawal instead of charging it by split
    of 0.5% fee at deposit and withdrawals.

Instead of charging them 0.5% coinpayments fee at every transaction,
    I think it’s best to charge them 2x 0.5% (1%) fee during withdrawal.

Can you guide me to what action causes the 0.5% deposit fee so that I
    could add_filter it to modify it to 0% just during deposits?

Would you update the coinpayments plugin adapter to make it charge only
    at withdrawal a 1% additional fees along with mining fees?

I hope you get my point.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I understand.

Unfortunately there’s no filter to control the deposits. Moreover I am not accepting feature requests for the plugins at this time due to the upcoming release. I only fix bugs.

The deposit is created at the IPN handler, function action_parse_request, and the fee set is the one reported by the IPN handler:

if ( 'deposit' == $_POST['ipn_type'] ) {

$txrow->fee = sprintf( '%01.8F', $_POST['fee'] );

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok np and thanks. That really helps. Looking forward for v6.0 thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.