I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Wallet 6

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Allex, Happy new year to you. Was wondering how far is Wallet 6

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello and a happy new year to you too!

wallets6 is nearly ready. Last week I finished the online documentation for all components, which is about 60k words long.

I have only 50 tickets remaining, but this means nothing, because:

1. Some tickets have an estimated effort of less than a day, while a few will take me up to a week each.
    2. How many days per month I can devote to work varies depending on other things in my life. Usually I manage to work about 15 to 20 days per month.
    3. The effort of some development, dev testing, and integration testing tasks is hard to estimate beforehand. Testing can give rise to more tickets as issues are discovered. So it’s impossible to estimate time before actually doing the work.

So I am not in a position to give out any estimates. But it shouldn’t be too many months! My advise to you is to not wait for it, and then when it’s ready you will know, because there will be a RC release on the site, and a blog post announcement, long before I push anything on wordpress.org.

With this release I have decided to not rush things but to do everything properly, as long as it takes. This means that I am way over my initial estimate of 6 months, but I think it’s worth it. Many of the technical debts will be paid all at once when wallets6 is out!

If you follow twitter you will see the announcements.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s great… NO rush at all… looking forward so eagrly for Wallet 6

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome to see the development nearing completion. Coders are modern day heroes.

alexg
    Keymaster

Well, the people who build the Bitcoin wallet, the modern blockchains and smart contracts, are indeed heroes!

I on the other hand have decided to create the PHP glue code that will connect WordPress to these modern miracles. Less glamorous work, but I’m having fun with it nonetheless! I’m looking forward to finishing this release so I can move on to integrating Bitcoin LN and ERC-20.

megeanwasson
    Participant

Hey Alex 🙂
    In the meantime while we wait everything is working perfectly my side 🙂

I am excited to hear you are doing Bitcoin LN (Assume that is lightning) and ERC-20
    That will be freaking awesome especially if you are doing lightning 🙂
    GoodLuck and for Thank You I have sent you some small BTC (āļŋ0.00051000) for coffee or beer or whatever you like 🙂

Kind Regards
    Megan

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you so much @megeanwasson! Your donation will go towards buying the coffee that is so necessary for development.

By LN I mean Lightning of course!

nicholasfush
    Participant

Great news.
    We are waiting for the release 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.