I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Using CoinPayments in the United States?

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Using CoinPayments in the United States?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alibama
    Participant

hi – working on getting this set up in the united states and it looks like https://coinpayments.net/ is not going to work. turtle seems to be completely gone? can’t tell – i haven’t found any live forks? monero seems like it might work by going through kraken? just posting here in case anyone else is thinking about this and how to get things done

would or could coinbase work? any other thoughts for how to manage erc-20s?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

It’s true that CoinPayments is no longer available in the United States.

You can use Bitcoin or Monero with your own full node, or with any full node that is compatible with one of these two technologies (Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, Dogecoin, etc), as described here: https://www.dashed-slug.net/howto-choose-between-available-wallet-adapters/

There is no Kraken or Coinbase integration for technical reasons.

There will not be any additinal support for ERC-20 tokens unfortunately. The only ERC-20 support is for a few select tokens via CoinPayments, and only if you are not based in one of the restricted countries.

In a few days or a couple of weeks tops, I will be releasing a Bitcoin Lightning adapter I have been developing, which is compatible with lnd. The advantage here is that you can have Layer1 and/or Layer2 bitcoin transactions without setting up a Bitcoin core full node which requires a lot of resources. This is because lnd can be installed with a light neutrino client which is based on bloom filters. More on that on the blog on the time of the release. If you follow the dashed-slug on facebook or twitter you won’t miss it.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

with regards

cima
    Participant

Hello am having the same problem too but I will love to try the LND I want to ask setting it up does it requires a Linux program

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello @cima,

The LND wallet adapter connects to the lnd daemon, which can be run on several platforms, but mostly Linux.

The installation instructions are available here (and are also bundled in the plugin):

lnd Wallet Adapter extension

What’s important is that you set it up on a server, not your home machine. Do not attempt to install it without basic system administration skills. The installation is not easy, but not too hard either. I have provided full step-by-step instructions.

Unlike other full node wallets, the litd bundle (which includes lnd), does not require much disk space or CPU. This means you will be able to run it even on a shared host, which will be more economical.

If you have any more questions about this, please let me know, but please don’t post here in the general discussion. The support forum for the lnd Wallet adapter is here:

lnd Wallet Adapter extension support

Or you can email me with any questions.

with regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.