I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,

Can I know what changes have been made in the last 1.1.2 update? I updated to last version, but I feel like in frontend the prformance has dropped a bit, it takes more time to load.

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

With every release I include a CHANGELOG.html file, which lists all changes.

• Fix: Remove unneeded assets from distribution.
    • Improve: Version number is now included in asset filenames to combat aggressive caches.
    • Improve: If there are at least two currencies available that can be shifted, set the second one as destination currency by default.
    • Improve: Minimum and maximum limits for the amount to shift are now displayed as validation errors, not placeholder text in the input field.
    • Fix: Minimum and maximum amounts allowed are now taking into account any fees payable to the site (not only ShapeShift fees).
    • Add: Entry in plugins list now has “News” link that points to the dashed-slug.net blog’s tag for this component.

The only change that could have any effect on performance between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 is the addition of version numbers in assets. This is something that I do with all the plugins. It ensures that every asset (CSS or JS) loaded by the browser is definitely the one packaged with this p[articular version. This should only slow down your browser a bit, the first time you load the page after updating the plugin. I have to do this because other methods of circumventing the caching of assets are not reliable. Some caches will ignore the GET parameter timestamps that WordPress adds for this purpose.

If you want to measure performance changes it’s best to do it with numbers. For example, you could use chrome’s lighthouse to obtain some numbers with 1.1.1 and with 1.1.2. You can find Lighthouse in the dev console (F12) under the “Audits” tab.

Is the slowdown you experience significant? Which browser were you using?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the information, I never noticed about such file. Now I know where to check changes in detail.

About the performance numbers, I will follow your advice. I will let you know. But in a first look, using Chrome, I noticed maybe 3 or 4 seconds more (I load the script along with some other wllts scripts like the exchng.

Please Alex, any tip that could improve the loading, let me know about.

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello, I can’t give you any tips in general about this.

Look at your performance stats with the latest version and with the previous version that you feel was faster. For every measurement, load the page once, then load it again a second time to measure performance, to make sure that you are measuring cached responses.

If you know that some specific part of loading the page is taking too long then we can start looking into what is causing it and what we can do.

Another way to look at this is at the network tab, where you can see which asset was loaded at what time. If you see an asset being delayed for 3-4 seconds as you say, then that is also helpful.

with regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.