I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Truly an heroic effort!

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Truly an heroic effort!

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations, I can see that a lot of thought an work went into the wallet extension. I’m hoping to be able to use it for a new thing I am setting up, clickforafrica.org – it would be great to be able to give people their own addresses to use without them needing to set up their own wallets.

Would it be technically possible to set this up with an electrum wallet?

In any case, thanks, I think this might enable me to bring this online much sooner than I had thought.
    All the best
    Andy

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi Andy,

I appreciate your kind words and your suggestion.

Indeed it should be technically possible to use Electrum, thanks to the modular nature of the plugin.

I have not yet looked into this, but I will have a look now. According to the documentation, the Electrum wallet exposes a JSONRPC interface. Either it is possible to connect it currently with some config, or it will be possible with a new coin adapter that I will release soon.

In either case, I will contact you on this thread again once I have something more concrete for you. This will be soon.

thanks and regards,
    Alex

alexg
    Keymaster

Following up on my last reply:

I have now done some initial analysis and it turns out that the RPC API of the Electrum wallet is not completely compatible with that of Bitcoin core. However it is relatively easy to interface to.

I will develop an Electrum coin adapter and will notify you once it is released.

regards,
    Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much! I will be sure to promote it on the site.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello again.
    1. Just checking on the progress for electrum and
    2. It says ransfer funds to other users (on-site transactions that bypass the blockchain), and I’d appreciate more detail of how this is possible without blockchain. No worries if you’re busy, I’ll wait till I can install it and find out that way.
    Cheers!

alexg
    Keymaster

1. The electrum adapter is now available at https://www.dashed-slug.net/bitcoin-altcoin-wallets-wordpress-plugin/electrum-bitcoin-rpc-adapter-extension/
    2. The plugin uses blockchains for deposits and withdrawals. It maintains an internal ledger on the database to record transactions between users and to maintain user balances.

regards
    Alex

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.