I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Hot wallet balance not shown in front-end

dashed-slug.net Forums TurtleCoin Adapter extension support Hot wallet balance not shown in front-end

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LeinAd
    Participant

hey there is it correct that the syning process start at zero and goes throug the hole blockchain? so that the first start take a very lot of time? curl show me correct wallet addressess and balance in the container but in the frontend not.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes and no.

On the first cron run, the adapter queries the wallet-api starting from a blockheight of zero.

Then, on the next run, the adapter queries the wallet-api starting from the first block where there is a transaction relevant to your wallet. Thus, the wallet will not be scanned slowly starting from zero, but from a relatively recent block height.

On subsequent runs, the adapter looks for transactions in the next 1000 blocks. It always keeps track of the last known block height that was scanned successfully.

For TurtleCoin, this information is stored in the WordPress transient trtl-TRTL-settings-max-height. You can use wp-cli to check or modify this value, but this should not be necessary. In general, for forks of TurtleCoin, the max block height scanned is stored in trtl-SYMBOL-settings-max-height where SYMBOL is the coin’s ticker symbol.

If your wallet has some balance, this would not be immediately shown in the front-end. The front-end displays user balances, not the hot wallet balance of the wallet. To check if you have connected the coin adapter correctly, go to your admin screens at WalletsAdapters and check the hot wallet balance.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

with regards

LeinAd
    Participant

ok ty for first. my adapter status is : responding, and it shows a hot wallet balance from all coins i send to “test” users. curl show me all correct in wallet container (coin balance / address) but the user account is zero (wordpress frontend) it take a while to scan the hole blockchain, because we have rd. 1 million blocks.

alexg
    Keymaster

That’s great, your wallet is definitely connected correctly.

Did you check the transient?

LeinAd
    Participant

Did you check the transient?

what do you mean with that? the wallet container itself shows the correct balance for each address. but the user log in site shows zero. at moment i synced rd 260k blocks from 950kblocks (sync process take a while). so my question is, will the admin panel and the user page shows the correct amount after first full sync?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Some general background about the plugin (this is not related to this particular coin adapter):

The user balance will change only if there is a deposit transaction debited to the user. For this to happen, the plugin must find an incoming transaction with a destination that is a user deposit address. i.e. the deposit address must have been generated via the plugin. To see which addresses are assigned to your user, go to Wallets -> Addresses in your admin screens.

You mention that you are not yet fully synced. There are two types of sync going on here:

1. Blockchain sync. This would be TurtleCoind or equivalent.

2. Adapter sync. To see the progress you can inspect the WordPress transient mentioned before.

Both of these syncs must reach the height of the block where your transaction is.

For background info about what transients are: https://developer.wordpress.org/apis/handbook/transients/

If you install wp-cli on your server and navigate to your WordPress directory, you can then issue:

wp transient get trtl-TRTL-settings-max-height
    to see up to what block the adapter has scanned for transactions.

Again, replace TRTL with your coin’s symbol. The first part of the blockchain that cointains no relevant transactions will be skipped. You can use this command to see the block where the adapter is at.

If all goes well, you should eventually see a deposit transaction for the user in your admin screens under Wallets -> Transactions, and the user will receive a deposit notification email.

with regards

LeinAd
    Participant

all fine after complete rescan ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.