I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Trouble getting set up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey there – I am very new, so I’ll preface this by saying this is probably on me somehow, but here’s where I’m at.

I installed the primary plugin as well as the full-node multi-coin adapter in hopes of connecting it to my Ravencoin node. I know Ravencoin is forked from Bitcoin and has RPC capabilities, so I’m thinking that’s ok.

I uploaded my php file to plugins, and when I activated, I got the notification to update my wallet’s conf file with specific settings. I put those settings in, and then when I restarted my wallet, my site went down.

I deleted the php file and the multi-coin adapter plugin file, then tried to start from scratch, but now everything freezes once I try to activate my custom plugin.

I also tried deleting all the way through the primary plugin, but same result. freeze at the third activation.

Are the custom coin settings saved somewhere else? That’s what it feels like is happening, but I don’t know!

Sorry, quick edit: I also reverted my conf file back to what it had been previously. also not solving it.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is likely my fault too, sorry about that!

Unfortunately the full node adapter still requires you to edit a PHP file.In the upcoming wallets6 release, new coins can be defined from the admin, so this problem will not exist in the future.

You likely have a syntax error in that file. This could be something small, like even a semicolon missing. Or you tried to define the same function twice to define two coins. If you email me the code you used I can let you know what’s wrong.

If you remove all the code you entered, and the wallets plugins, then the site should be up again.

To know what’s wrong, you have to look at the PHP logs. The error will be explained there.

Alternatively, you can enable debugging in WordPress: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

If you add the following to your wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Then any PHP errors will be written out to the file wp-content/plugins/debug.log. Once you visit your site and it crashes, the error will be written out there.

Please let me know if you are having any trouble with any of this. If you see an error you don’t understand, show me.

with regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.