I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

The referral link doesn't work

dashed-slug.net Forums Faucet extension support The referral link doesn't work

• This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The referral link doesn’t go to the faucet page.

This is the referral link: http://mydomain.com?__wallets_faucet_ref=9d1a42c1a0141fa2

vorticism
    Participant

Hello,
    At first I was a bit confused. But in my case the referral link works well.
    If you click the referral link while logged in, you just go to the main page.
    If a visitor visits your site with a referral link and then registers, and the visitor(user) turns on the faucet, a commission is distributed to the referrer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Vorticism,

Thanks for your help. You are right but the problem it is that in my case the link does not take me to the home page. It takes me to another page on my website.

alexg
    Keymaster

What page does the referral link take you to?

Normally adding a get parameter to the main URL for your site should still take you to the homepage.

1. Can you email me a screenshot of that page or otherwise describe the page you are being redirected to?

2. Does the URL in the address bar change to something else?

Thanks.

regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex.

The url is not changed but my theme redirects me to a page with blog entries. I’m sure it’s some idea from the designers of my theme. Do you know if you can use some function or plugin to change the url to which a get parameter takes you?

Thanks!!!

alexg
    Keymaster

Unfortunately this is not how it works. A get parameter does not take you anywhere on its own.

The WordPress system, and occasionally, some themes or plugins interpret your get parameters and can do anything they want with them, including redirect you. This is why I have prefixed the parameter with the plugin slug as is best practice (__wallets_faucet_ref). This ensures that the parameters in the faucet plugin is not used by other plugins.

Have you established that this is caused when that particular theme is activated? What happens if you switch to another theme?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex.

If I switch to another theme the link works the same. Finally it seems that it is not a problem of the theme.

alexg
    Keymaster

In that case, is it possible for you to check again after disabling your other plugins? The problem should not be caused when the other plugins are disabled. Then re-enable them one by one to find out which one causes the problem. Once you do, let me know and I will test with that plugin on my end and fix any problem.

Additionally, can you check your .htaccess file, if you are using the apache server? The recommended settings are here: https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess If your .htaccess file differs from the one recommended, can you send it to me?

please let me know what you find

thank you

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex.

I have tried to remove the plugins and I have discovered that the plugin that performs the redirect is the plugin of the faucet itself. If I deactivate the faucet plugin and use the referral link, it directs me to the home page of my website.

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you I am investigating this.

alexg
    Keymaster

I have improved the redirect mechanism in Faucet 1.3.0. Now it should redirect to whatever the referral link was but without the referral code.

regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi.
    Maybe I’m doing something wrong but I do not notice any change. I’ve put the new shortcode and it realizes the same redirection. I sent you an email. Thank you.

alexg
    Keymaster

There was a bug in the redirect code that affected only Apache but not Nginx. This is now fixed in version 1.3.1 of the Faucet extension. Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great Alex!!! Thanks!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.