I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

[Suggestion] Cron Airdrop to specific user

dashed-slug.net Forums Airdrop extension support [Suggestion] Cron Airdrop to specific user

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    megeanwasson
    Participant

Hey Alex,
    I hope you are well 🙂
    Everything is working so great I have not needed to be here in ages 🙂

The airdrop crons work really great especially for different user roles and custom roles.

What would be a really awesome feature would be if we could create airdrop crons that go to a specific chosen users only.
    So we could reward different users on a regular basis.
    The user role does not quite get there as you may have many users in one role. But you may want to just drop to a single user in that role.
    As we have over 2000 users it would be burdensome to create a role for each user.

This is not urgent but would be a “nice to have”

I hope you are keeping safe and healthy 🙂
    Kind Regards
    Megan

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello Megan,

Great to hear that everything is working!

I’ve been well, thank you, hope you are well too! I’m very busy with the big upcoming release. Actually I’ve been working on the Airdrop extension these days.

I’m somewhat behind schedule. When I started this revamp in August of 2020 I underestimated the effort by several months. In any case, I think people will appreciate how much more usable the admin UIs are. Creating/editing transactions is a breeze now that they’re custom post types, and you can search for transactions by user, currency, tag, status, or combinations of these.

In general the plugin and its extensions are coming along nicely in all fronts: UI/usability, automated testing/robustness, frontend performance, extensibility, code readability, and the documentation will be more legible and accessible. Once everything is ready, I will upload RC versions of the plugin on dashed-slug.net before pushing the final 6.0.0 to wordpress.org. If there are any significant bugs that escape my tests, hoefully they will become apparent once people try out the RC version.

Every component had to be rewritten from scratch almost, and my main focus right now is to retain the old functionality, and to make the transition easy for users.

You make a good point. An airdrop could be applicable to either a user role or to specific users.

I’m not sure if I will implement this right now, or after the upcoming release, but in any case I will do this soon, because it sounds useful. I am opening a ticket.

There’s also another request for choosing users based on limits on their user balance (https://www.dashed-slug.net/upcoming-bitcoin-and-altcoin-wallets-6/#comment-4575) so I will likely implement these two features together.

I’ll leave you with a very small preview of how nicely everything is organized in the WordPress menu (see attached).

with regards,
    Alex

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    megeanwasson
    Participant

Thanks for the reply 🙂
    And the sneak peak 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.