I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Suggestion: Also show QR code for tip deposits

dashed-slug.net Forums Tip the Author extension support Suggestion: Also show QR code for tip deposits

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

Please do not take my messages as underestimations of your work. I know it is not a simple matter of reusing a form.

By the way, this feature should upgrade the use of this subapp. Thinking on it, it would be a great thing, if possible of course, to enable the form as dropdown or popup window with 2 options, in a direct internal wallt-to-wllet move between users and and a QR code with iths adress for non loged in users for example in order to perform a donntion.

Thank Alex as usual for the graet work, and for considering our suggestions also

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you. Actually I have also thought about this. It’s a good idea to have both in the same form. I will write this down and when I revisit the extension I will look into implementing it.

P.S. I have moved your suggestion to a new thread as it is a distinct feature.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I hope you are doing well.

I took the time to see how it looks the rewritten modle. It works really great with improvements!

I wanted to ask you this formerly and found by casualty you have moved it into a suggestion. Additionaly to what you mention, I am wondering if you could improve it by giving the flexibility to non loggedin users and/or non registered users to perform atip by displayng the QR code and adress, just like the deposit form for crypts. The form (move transtaction) for logged in users should not display if it is a non loggedin or registred user. It would be possible?

Thank you in advance as usual

I look forward into it

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you. It is possible to do this, but would have to be a different UI. The current UI requires users to be logged in.

I will investigate this too when I revisit this extension.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I appreciate your consideration and your dedication.

I think this features will allow a much use of it, and also would improve useracquisition.

For the displayed form for nonloggedin users, some text forms like providing a username (anonymous by default) for the comments they want to write, and for some kind of reminder “do you have an account? if so, you can do it dricetly from your wallet! If no, register here” (with the option for the admin to set the registration page url).

If the user is logged in, the form showd include both options, an internal move from his wllts and the author deposit adress and qr to allow external depst.

Well, those are just some ideas if you want to consider them when you will be bak to this app. Sure you can do better.

Thanks Alex, I look forward into this

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Thank you.

I will think about it. The idea of asking the user to login is something that could perhaps be added to all the UIs, not just the tipping UI. It is possible that this requires a more general solution.

with regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

In version 2.1.0 of the extension, if the user is not logged in, they get a link to login in place of the tipping UI. The link redirects to the same page after login.

with regards

P.S. I will not be implementing QR codes. Any such tips would not be counted as tips but as deposits, so it would defeat the whole point of the plugin’s architecture.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

First of all, than you for the release.

Why you decided now to not implementing the public QR codes? It is the suggestion I have been waiting for all this time… it was the most relevant. The plugin in my opinion needs public interaction. Why not doing it as deposits if the user is logged out?

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was testing the login redirection, and I see it redirects to wp login, which is not ideal because nowadays many project developers offer a frontend custom page. How can we set a custom login page?

Alex please reconsider the public QR codes for making deposit tips. I was reading on forums and you said that a new version should come in some weeks, and now sudanely this version appears with too litle change in comparison what we discussed almost 3 months ago.

Regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Regarding the login url, I can add an option to enter a login page. If the login page is set, then it will override the default login url. In the mean time, you can use the templating system to override the login text. The template shown is in wp-content/plugins/wallets-tips/templates/login.php.

Regarding the QR code feature, like I said earlier, I decided against it. While I do appreciate people sending in suggestions, this does not mean that I always implement them, or that I implement them within a specific time-frame. If you decide to hire a developer to implement the features you require, I can guide them through.

with regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.