I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Site seems to have broken

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Site seems to have broken

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, it was all working so well I took my eye off it for a few days and….

I’ve been getting a faucet payment each day direct to monitor the payments. On 28/11 it got the last one recorded, though I have had coinpayments confirmations for each day since. When logged in none of the wallets functions shows in the UI. No transactions seem to be happening either. Any ideas? Did anything similar happen around the same time?
    Thanks,
    Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just found this in my logs:
    WordPress November 28, 2018 – 8:24 pm (16 days ago)
    Deactivated plugin “wallets-cp/wallets-cp.php” because of an error (“file_does_not_exist”). warning
    Strange. It is not showing as deactivated and the dashboard stuff all works. It’s just the user part that is not working properly.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

That’s strange. No, nothing of note happened on that day as far as I know.

1. Perhaps it’s worth reinstalling the coin adapter? From reading the web I see people do reinstall their plugin after getting this error.

2. If the problem persists, it is worth looking at the coin adapter status. Are the adapters still responding?

3. Also look at the output of http://example.com/wallets/api3/get_coins_info/ (replace example.com with your domain). Your coins should be listed there. Are they?

4. If all of the above is OK, it is possible that the plugin was somehow re-installed (don’t know why or how, but it might be worth checking again the user capabilities to make sure they are correct).

5. As always, are there any JavaScript errors in the browser?

These are some things you could check. Please let me know what you find.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I was stupid not to look for the obvious. The coinpayments plug-in had gone – must have removed it by accident I suppose. I re-installed it and it seems ok now. One thing I am wondering, with coinpayments the missed payments must be in coinpayments somewhere, not lost, just not registered in the wallets plug-in? Have you written anywhere a layman’s summary of the relationship between coinpayments account and the wallet adapter? I assume the payments will be somewhere available in coinpayments even when something goes wrong with the plug-in (or its user!)
    Thanks and sorry for wasting your time!

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

For the duration that the coin adapter was not running, your website was not accepting IPN messages for any deposits. The funds for these deposits are in the CoinPayments wallet as always, but the plugin doesn’t know about them. The CoinPayments platform would have attempted a few times to resend the messages, and then some of these would have been marked as failed permanently to get delivered. All you have to do is log in to your CoinPayments platform, find out which IPNs were not delivered, and resend them. Then all deposits will be accounted for in the plugin.

Do not worry about accidentally re-sending messages that were already sent and accepted, they will not be counted twice because each deposit has a unique ID.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks so much! I was dreading what I might have to do but with your instructions it was easy. All fine now. And I have better understanding of what’s going on via coinpayments, so all in all it was a worthwhile disaster.

alexg
    Keymaster

I’m very glad you were able to resolve the issue.

And looking at the problem as a learning opportunity is a very positive thing to do!

with regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.