I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Show Tip Messaging For Logged Out Users?

dashed-slug.net Forums Tip the Author extension support Show Tip Messaging For Logged Out Users?

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to show the tip messaging on the post for logged out users?

For example, “Username has tipped this post’s author for 0.01216862 XMR.”Thanks!”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, you are right, this should be possible. I will fix this for the next patch release of Tip the Author. I will notify you here when this is out.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

It would be cool to list posts according to tip amount.

Order post by tip amount.

Is it possible to list the tip amounts for logged out users?

alexg
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

I will release very soon a new version, where the tips list for an article will be displayed whether the user is logged in or not. There will be an option on how to sort tips.

In general this extension needs to be reworked. I am currently busy with the upcoming major version 5.0.0 of wallets. The most important change in 5.0.0 is that the output of all shortcodes will be theme-able. This will gradually affect all the extensions as well, including Tip the Author. One of the things I want to do after 5.0.0, is to revisit this extension and improve on the way tips are displayed, especially when there are many tips.

Since the markup will be theme-able, it will be easier to modify what is displayed and what not, either at the theme or child-theme level. There will be blog posts about these changes.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have now pushed version 1.3.0 of the Tip the Author extension, where it is now possible for guests to see the tip list. Additionally, the admin can choose how the past tips are sorted before display.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice! Tested and working on my setup. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.