I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Setting up the LND wallet adapter

dashed-slug.net Forums lnd Wallet Adapter extension support Setting up the LND wallet adapter

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    cima
    Participant

should i add you as admin there so you can access the site?

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes I would need admin access to investigate. But first check the firewalls.

cima
    Participant

i have emailed you the access

cima
    Participant

one is for the LND and the other is for the general DSWallets\Bitcoin_Core_Like_Wallet_Adapter none is working i don’t know if i did it correct

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

The LND adapter supersedes the Bitcoin Core adapter. You don’t need both.

Once the LND adapter is set up correctly, the Bitcoin balances are modified on L1 with [wallets_deposit] and [wallets_withdraw], and on L2 with [wallets_lnd_deposit] and [wallets_lnd_withdraw]. This allows you to have the same currency (Bitcoin) for Layer 1 and Layer 2.

Thank you for emailing me credentials. Please also email me a login URL, so I can find your site!

cima
    Participant

i have set it to you check it

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I logged in to your site to investigate.

You are attempting to connect to an LND node on the localhost. However, the host is on a free WordPress hosting service that doesn’t seem to provide any SSH access. Have you really installed LND on the localhost?

You are attempting to connect to port 9050 on localhost, which is the WordPress server itself. However this port doesn’t appear to be open. I checked with: $socket = @fsockopen('localhost', 9050, $errno, $errstr, 5);

This returned an error indicating that there is no LND node, or other daemon, listening to this port on the WordPress host. Alternatively,

Also please note that, the gRPC port is 8080 by default. If you want to use 9050 instead, you should have also set this port in the lncli.conf file, before starting your lncli service. I don’t recommend that you use 9050, because that’s usually the Tor port, which you may want to use now or in the future. Using Tor is optional.

When the litd server starts, look for a log line that reads:

[INF] RPCS: gRPC proxy started at 127.0.0.1:8080

In this case 8080 is the gRPC port. The IP however will be the public-facing IP of the server, not 127.0.0.1.

If I’m wrong or I misunderstood something, please let me know.

To clarify, installing the LND wallet adapter requires you to install the Lightning Terminal on a Linux host.

I see that you have entered a tls.cert file, which indicates that you have installed lncli somewhere. Is it really on the same machine?

If you have installed the Lightning Terminal on another server, you should input the IP of that server into the “lnd host” field.

Conclusion:

1. If you have installed Lightning Terminal on a different server, change localhost to the IP of that server. Ensure that the port matches the gRPC port that your lnd node is listening to.

2. If you are certain that the host and port you entered is correct, then this is a firewall issue. Contact your hosting providers about this. You want the gRPC port to be available for incoming connections from the IP of your WordPress site. The hosting providers of the server where the Lightning Terminal is installed will be able to help you with this.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you had success with the installation or if you encounter any more difficulties.

with regards

cima
    Participant

am using infinityfree hosting i have copied the server ip and put it in the host section still nothing can you help me set it up am not using linux

cima
    Participant

i have tried everything you said am still getting error

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I logged in to check. You had entered the IP address of the WordPress host. Instead, you should have used the IP address of the host where you have installed the Lightning Terminal. Additionally, the IP address is a v4 address, so I removed the square brackets. Square brackets are for v6 addresses.

I am confused. You say that you are not using Linux. How did you follow the installation instructions then? Where have you installed the Lightning Terminal? The installation instructions require you to install the Lightning Terminal on a Linux host. Please clarify.

with regards

cima
    Participant

I have not downloaded the lighting terminal it looks like this LND is difficult can I build a custodial wallet with the normal DSWallets\Bitcoin_Core_Like_Wallet_Adapter? Cause the LND is hard and again to coinpayment is restricted from my country. If I can build with normal DSWallets\Bitcoin_Core_Like_Wallet_Adapter I will need guild on how to start. Thank you

alexg
    Keymaster

OK, I thought you had installed the lightning terminal because you managed to enter a tls.cert file. The installation instructions clearly call for installing the lightning terminal on Linux.

You can use bitcoin core, which also must be installed on a Linux server. The installation instructions are in the plugin’s documentation:

https://github.com/dashed-slug/wallets/blob/master/docs/install.md#install-a-bitcoin-core-wallet

If you have any questions please post in General Discussion. This forum is for the LND adapter.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.