I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Screen freez

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Screen freez

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,

when loading a page containing the shortcodes, there is a small screen freez. How can I improve this for better and faster loading? possible?

Thank you

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

The delay is while the data is loaded via the JSON API (AJAX). It will depend on the user’s connection. There is not much you can do besides improving the general performance of your webserver.

with regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Disabling front loading jsapi front backend (frontend settings) letting user refresh manually, could I gain some performance and load page speed? Any recommandation?

Thank you

alexg
    Keymaster

I assume you are talking about the polling settings.

If your server can already handle the load that polling generates then no, disabling it will not make any difference.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok Alex, thank you

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,

Updating to 3.9.0 version, If I use static templates, the front end performance for page loading will be improved?

If not, what are the advantage using static templates?

Thank you

Best regards

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi,

Since static templates are rendered on the server side, there is no delay when displaying these on the frontend. Other shortcodes need to wait for the JSON API. In addition, if you use static shortcodes only, you can and should disable polling, which should improve things a bit.

The main motivation behind static shortcodes is that you can have one page for each coin, rather than the user being able to select between all the different coins. A lot of people have requested this.

with regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.