I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Scheduled Events Late

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Scheduled Events Late

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I get this message sometimes in the site health part of the dashboard. Is it somethign serious or doesn’t matter much?

The scheduled event, wallets_periodic_checks, is late to run. Your site still works, but this may indicate that scheduling posts or automated updates may not work as intended.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

If the cron jobs are not running, then that means that withdrawals and internal transactions don’t get processed.

If transactions are being processed, then there is probably no problem.

If you really want to check and see what’s going on, you can do the following:

1. Enable logging in wp-config.php (See https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/)

2. Enable verbose logging in the cron settings:

“Wallets” -> “Cron job” -> “Verbose log output (debug)”

Now every time the cron jobs run, logs are written out to wp-content/debug.log.

A cron job run starts with a line such as the following:

[01-Sep-2021 07:54:00 UTC] Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets cron jobs STARTED. Elapsed: 0 sec, Mem delta: 0 bytes, Mem peak: 19963328 bytes, PHP / WP mem limits: 128 MB / 40 MB

and ends with a line such as the following:

[01-Sep-2021 07:57:32 UTC] Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets cron jobs FINISHED. Elapsed: 4 sec, Mem delta: 19376 bytes, Mem peak: 19392432 bytes, PHP / WP mem limits: 256 MB / 40 MB

If you see both these lines, this means that cron jobs are starting and completing normally.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you spot any problems.

with regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.