I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Rates, Base Currency

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Rates, Base Currency

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alexg,

Thanks for all this work, it’s awesome. You already have Exchange Rates, and Base Fiat Currency. By Default i have noticed it does not display base amount (in my case clam rpc, that i created copying doge rpc). I hope if we can have another addition of CryptoCompare or some other equivalent to display total holdings in USD and BTC or any other combination or just one currency as per availability.

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes this would be expected.

For the fiat amounts to be displayed the exchange rate to BTC must be available via an exchange rate provider.

Realistically I do not know how soon I can add CryptoCompare but I will make a note of it.

It does look very cool since it carries a lot of coins, so thank you for suggesting this.

In the meantime, if you have PHP skills and wish to implement yourself some quick hack to pull clam exchange rates from somewhere, here is some boilerplate code that might help you:

https://gist.github.com/alex-georgiou/492196184f206002c864225180ca8fbb

I will try to get CryptoCompare added soon.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much, this will help me a lot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex,

I think you can use either of CoinMarketCap or CryptoCompare to display equivalent value of currency in wallets, i.e.

Account Balance: SYMBOL 1234.12345678
    USD: 123.12 | BTC: 0.12345678

or just USD if it’s displaying BTC

I guess, you can simply bypass exchanges, or, as you have already worked on exchanges extensively, let users chose to display exchange rates from either or all the available exchanges (may be i am expecting too much :D. Do i even make any sense?)

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes you are correct that CoinMarketCap and CryptoCompare can be good sources of exchange rates, although I have not yet studied the APIs.

Hopefully these can be added as options next to the already existing ones.

I already have a ticket for cryptocompare that you requested about 3 days ago. I will add coinmarketcap to my list to revisit when time permits.

Thank you, it’s a very good idea

regards

megeanwasson
    Participant

Thank you Alex,
    The github gist code for the rates works great 🙂
    It has allowed me to use my alt coin perfectly with woocommerce and I no longer need to get rates from external exchanges.
    This helps a lot for coins that are not yet on any official exchange 🙂
    You are a lifesaver, this is one of the best wp/crypto wallet scripts ever.

alexg
    Keymaster

Glad to be of help, megeanwasson 🙂

best of luck with your project!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,

Today i noticed you added CoinMarketCap. Thank you so much..

alexg
    Keymaster

Glad you found it useful!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.