I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Purchases made with crypto do not come to my account

dashed-slug.net Forums WooCommerce Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway extension support Purchases made with crypto do not come to my account

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    frandlyn26
    Participant

I created a crypto currency (Pine Tree Shilling 1652) and use it in a classroom rewards system. my website is p1652.xyz.
    Everything seems to be working properly. I can send shillings to my students and they can make purchases in my store using shillings.

However, after the purchase the shillings do not come back to me/my account.

I read somewhere about checking to make sure it is going to correct account, however, I cannot find any setting in Woocommerce, Altcoin Wallet, or the extension that allows me to specify account to send the shillings to. Can you point me in the correct direction.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is by design:

In versions 3.0.0 and later of the payment gateway, which are designed to work with version 6.0.0 of the plugin, the funds are simply subtracted from the user’s balance, with a credit transaction. Since the user will have deposited funds to gain that balance, any funds subtracted from their balance simply belongs to the site.

Also see the glossary definitions for “Hot wallet balance” and “User balance” for more details on this.

It’s best to think of it with an example. Say user A deposits 1 Litecoin. Then, their LTC balance is 1, and the site’s hot wallet balance for LTC increases by 1. Then, user A purchases a product that costs 0.5 LTC and checks out. Now the user’s balance is 0.5 LTC, but the hot wallet balance remains on the site, and can be withdrawn to an external wallet using the Cold Storage tool.

In case of a refund, the user’s balance is increased again and the order is marked as refunded. Nothing else changes. You can see an example of a checkout transaction and a refund transaction here:

(In versions prior to 3.0.0, the WooCommerce payment gateway did indeed transfer funds from the buyer to a designated admin account. This is no longer the case.)

Hope this is clear, please let me know if it’s not, or if you have any more questions.

with regards,
    Alex

frandlyn26
    Participant

Okay that makes since, and would be perfect for most uses. Now that I know where it is, I can just withdraw it to my teacher account to recycle for my awards system. Thank you for your quick response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.