I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Purchase without depositing first

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pumpernickel

Is it possible to charge the customer at the end of the order processes without the need of depositing into their wallet first?

This may give the customer a bailout obstacle and would be easier to make the transaction for the specified amount instead of having to go though the loops first to find out how much everything is just to transfer that exact amount into their wallets first.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

No, unfortunately this is not possible with this plugin.

The plugin and its extensions are built around the idea that the user deposits crypto and then uses their balance to do stuff, such as pay for a cart.

There are other plugins out there that do what you ask.

kind regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

could you please give us a link ?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi Alex
    I think this is a good idea. There are some customers who do not want to make an account, deposit first and then pay from credit.
    I have tested some plugins but all want pre-generated Addresses, HD Wallets or an online provider.
    I don’t have found a plugin which can use my own core wallet on my own server.
    I wish you can make a little plugin what show at the end of order process a deposit address and set the order to “processing” after payment.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

I hear you. I get this request often. It is not a bad idea, but is actually not very straightforward to implement within the current plugin.

The parent plugin would first need to provide a “callback address” feature, i.e. to be able to create addresses not associated to users but to other objects than can trigger a callback function once a deposit is made. This is doable, but it would require some schema changes and development.

Once this is done, it would be useful for all kinds of payment gateways.

Others do not let you use your own wallet for a good reason. Today most web “developers” lack the technical capability to set up and maintain their own node. This generates a lot of load on the support side when people have questions (most questions are about the Unix shell and about network firewalls). I have already decided that this plugin should give you the choice to use full nodes if you want to, so hopefully in the future I might be able to add this feature as well.

I cannot promise that I will start work on this any time soon, because it is a lot of work and I don’t have the time.

with regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.