I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Problem with Fixer api limits

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, the lottofaucet.com site is in testing mode with hardly any visits, yet I still got email from fixer that the api limit is close to being reached.

I don’t really need the exchange rates to show anyway, but I am a bit scared to just turn things off in case there is some setting somewhere else I would also need to disable. Could you tell me how to completely disable the fiat exchange rates, but still leave open the possiblity of using something like shapeshift later?

Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

There are two issues here:

1. You can safely disable exchange rates if you uncheck all the checkboxes under WalletsExchange ratesExchange rates providers. The only drawback is that fiat amounts will not be displayed on the frontend, and payment gateways such as the WooCommerce payment gateway extension and Events Manager payment gateway extension will not work. Disabling exchange rates will not affect operation of the ShapeShift extension. But again, fiat amounts will not be shown in the ShapeShift extension’s UI.

2. The free plan for fixer.io gives you 1000 API calls per month. The plugin pulls data from fixer once per hour. For a 30 day month this comes out to be 30×24, or 720 calls per month. The plugin will do these calls whether the site is being used or not, as long as it is online. So you see that you should not exceed the limit, if you are using the plugin only on one site. You can always check your fixer account to see how much of the limit you have been using. Simply login to the service and go to your dashboard to check: https://fixer.io/dashboard

If you are using the same API key with multiple sites then you might have to consider upgrading to another plan. If not, then there should be no problem.

Hope this is clear. Let me know if you have more questions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, that makes it clear now. The notification I got was that I had used about 70% of the calls, so it’s going to be fine so long as it’s one site per account.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.