I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

possible ssh problem with router

dashed-slug.net Forums Full Node Multi Coin Adapter extension support possible ssh problem with router

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, on the instructions it says “This will typically require SSH access” – this could be a problem, my router seems to have no ssh ability, is there some way around this? I have a node up and running now….
    Thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Apologies if the instructions were unclear.

I meant that you need ssh access to the server where you are installing Bitcoin core, not to the router.

The only situation where you’d have to do something with your router, would be if you were attempting to connect to a Bitcoin core wallet located in your home/residential network, from an external webserver that runs WordPress. In that situation, you would have to use NAT (Network address translation) to forward incoming RPC-API connections (TCP port 8332 by default) from WordPress to your local wallet machine. In most routers you can do this via the web interface, and how you do it will depend on your router model.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about installation/configuration.

with regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.