I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Possible for the WCMP vendor to select which coins he’d like to accept?

dashed-slug.net Forums WooCommerce Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway extension support Possible for the WCMP vendor to select which coins he’d like to accept?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    d3vnu77
    Participant

I see you made the plugin pay out commissions in the coin received from the buyer, which is excellent. Is there a way to let the vendor choose which coins he would like to accept?

alexg
    Keymaster

No, but it is possible for the admin to select the coins that are acceptable as payment by the user in the shopping cart. Go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Payments -> Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets -> Accepted coins, and Ctrl+click the coins you wish to allow, then click on “Save Changes”.

The vendor normally receives commissions in the same currency as that used by the customer to pay for the cart.

If the customer used some other gateway rather that the cryptocurrency gateway, then the vendor will receive their commission in the currency that they have designated as “Fallback currency for commissions” in the vendor dashboard. If this fallback currency is not available in the site’s wallet, the vendor will get an error message and can contact the admin about this. The commission can then be retried when the admin has replenished the wallet’s funds.

I am aware that this is not ideal, but unfortunately it is not possible for me to improve the commissions gateway any further. It was hard enough to get this to work, as WCMp is not easy to extend with payment gateways, and I had to resort to all sorts of DB hacks to make this work.

with regards

d3vnu77
    Participant

I would imagine would take only 3 steps programmatically to make it work, right?

1. Give a customer an option to select coins what coins he accepts based on a list of selectable coins the admin selects.
    2. Display which coins the vendor selects on the product page…

Oh wait, I see with multiple vendors how this gets complicated…

I see now.

Thanks for all your hard work too, by the way!

alexg
    Keymaster

Yes, one issue is that an order can have sub-orders to many vendors. And also, another issue is that commissions have to be paid in crypto for all payments, not just those done in crypto. Unfortunately all marketplace plugins are a mess, because WooCommerce was never built for this. You can get a multivendor plugin to work and you can get it to work with crypto, but you will always have to disallow certain features or options. It’s complicated 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.