I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Plugin Request: Free plugin to enable shops accepting cryptocurrencies

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Plugin Request: Free plugin to enable shops accepting cryptocurrencies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

I know you have a WooCommerce but it needs a full node backend. For the most shops thats way to much work and difficult to set up. I would like to see an easy plugin for shop owners to accept crypto payments without the need of a fullnode setup.

Basically they create an account at https://CoinVault.One as example downloading the plugin installing it typing in an URL and an API key which connects to the webwallet service gathers the information about the supported coins and displays a button on their WooCommerce payment site. If a user clicks that button he will be redirected to the webwallet site (in this example CoinVaultOne) where you can login and pay it via move or if you dont have an account do a normal transaction on a freshly generated address. If the payment was sucessfully the user will be redirected to the shop site and the API in the background notifies the shop the payment was done. Maybe let the shop owner define the amount of confirmations.

Like PayPal but for Cryptos.

I hope it’s clear what I mean.

Regards Philipp

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello Philipp,

The plugin has a modular architecture: it connects to coin adapters and app extensions.

You can connect to a full node if you wish, and that allows use of some of the lesser-known coins with apps such as the WooCommerce payment gateway. You can also install a cloud wallet adapter if you do not wish to install a full node.

All of this is explained in the readme and documentation. Choosing between a full node or a cloud wallet adapter has its tradeoffs. You can have a look if you like.

kind regards

Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

yes I know this. But for small currencies there are no Cloudwallets except of what I’m hosting at CVO. So each shop would have to setup a full backend. Mostly they not even have the resources to do so.

That’s why I think a payment gateway in PayPal style/way would be a good addition to Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets. This would enable way more shops to accept Cryptos because they don’t have to care about the tech. I would even be willing to pay for the development. Feel free to send me an e-mail if you’re interested: help [at] coinvault.one

Regards

Philipp

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi Philipp,

Yes I understand what you mean. Thank you.

It is indeed not easy to setup a full node. If all you want is to easily set up a WooCommerce store there are better options out there. My hope for this family of plugins is to appeal mostly to developers who are trying to build something on top of the APIs, as well as have a solid basis on which to build an exchange plugin for WordPress. The cloud adapters and payment gateways were an afterthought to be honest.

I do not perform custom development. However I will look at what you suggest when I find the time. At the moment my priority is to finish the Exchange extension.

kind regards

Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.