I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Not recognizing same wallet but different address transfers

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Not recognizing same wallet but different address transfers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alexg
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

I have some users who withdrew their coins to another user (who didn’t reveal that they were using the same web wallet) and so their transaction was just an in-wallet transfer between addresses.

The wallet therefore, didn’t ‘notify’ the plugin about this transaction and the withdrawal & deposit data were not recorded as such.

I know that there is a ‘transfer’ function which enables users to transfer funds between each other, but is there a way which we could make the wallet ‘notify’ the plugin even for in-wallet different address transfers?

alexg
    Keymaster

Did these users use the plugin’s withdraw feature? Or did they initiate the transaction from the CoinPayments platform?

alexg
    Keymaster

They used the withdraw feature

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello again,

Actually, it is not the case that the wallet did not notify the plugin. It is the other way around:

The plugin did not notify the wallet, because in these cases, it does not need to. It performed an off-chain transaction instead.

The withdrawal was changed into an internal transfer. This is by design. You should be able to see the internal transfer, and if you have default settings for notifications, the users would have received all the related notification emails.

Before I added this feature, there were some serious problems associated with withdrawing to an address that was also a deposit address in the same system. I had to introduce this feature, but also it makes much sense: there is no need for a blockchain transaction since all the funds of all custodial wallets are backed by the same “pool” of wallet funds. The sender would then only get charged the much smaller internal transaction fees, rather than paying for miner fees.

Can you look into your transaction list? These users should be able to see the internal transactions. If you require user confirmations for internal transactions, then the sender would have received an email request to confirm the transaction by clicking on a link.

Please let me know if you can’t find the associated transaction.

with regards

P.S. I have moved the topic to the general discussion since this has nothing to do with the full node adapter, it is a feature of the parent plugin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.