I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

No walletnotify problem ?

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion No walletnotify problem ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My full node does not have such things as blocknotify & walletnotify. HOw will wallet import incoming transactions ?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hi, that’s a good question!

The plugin does not rely on the walletnotify mechanism to discover deposits. It is there only so that the plugin gets notified faster about new transactions. blocknotify is not currently used but it may be used in the future.

The plugin scrapes transactions from the wallet on cron, using the listtransactions RPC command. You can see the relevant code here: https://github.com/dashed-slug/wallets/blob/master/includes/coin-adapter-rpc.php#L693-L746

Once the scraper discovers a new transaction, it passes the TXID to the same mechanism that walletsnotify uses. The transaction is then analyzed and if it is an incoming deposit for one of the known deposit addresses, it is recorder. If it is an update on a withdrawal, the new confirmation count is recorded.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.