I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Network Connection Error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

When I put all my connection information into the CoinPayments.net module, my correct coin options pop up that I specified on ConPayments.net. Even though the API appears it has worked, when I try and add a WordPress module, I get a connection error.

I thought it may have something to do with the IPN settings on my network, but other services like PayPal work that use similar technology.

Any thoughts why the API would be connected but the WordPress modules only appear blank?

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you please be a little bit more specific? What do you mean by “wordpress module”?

The CoinPayments IPN mechanism is not directly related to PayPal IPN. They perform similar function but other than that they are unrelated things.

If I understand you correctly:

1. You first set up the CoinPayments adapter. In the adapters list the status is “responding”.
    2. You attempted to display the frontend UI elements, either via shortcodes or via the widgets.
    3. You see an error in a message box when you try to view the UIs and the UIs are empty.

Please have a look at the troubleshooting section in the manual, under “I do not see the UI elements in the frontend.”

1. Check that you have added the shortcodes correctly or that you are displaying the widgets in the right widget area.
    2. Check that you are logged in.
    3. Check that you are logged in as a user with the right capabilities, including has_wallets. The needed capabilities for each UI element are listed in the Shortcodes section of this document.
    4. Check that at least one coin adapter is online. Go to Wallets -> Adapters and check the *status* column of each adapter.

If the problem persists after you have checked the above, can you please post the error message that you get?

Thanks

Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick reply.

What I meant with “WordPress Module” is the method inside the AdminCP (Wallets->CoinPayments->Coin Options).

After doing all those steps above, I found that the security settings on CoinPayments were too strict and I had to adjust them. After being more liberal with my security settings on CoinPayments API Page, the shortcodes worked.

Thanks again Alex, I really love this plugin. I tested it yesterday and everything worked smoothly with multiple coins. I’ll be sure to donate to your cause.

alexg
    Keymaster

Great news, you’re quite right, the API key permissions need to allow a few things, I have made a note to add this to the troubleshooting section.

thanks

Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.