I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

Negative balance issue

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion Negative balance issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vorticism
    Participant

Users are experiencing a negative balance issue.
    Please review the relevant issues.
    It seems that negative balance easily occurs for various reasons.

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello,

With the security patch 3.7.3 I had to change the way balances are calculated so that any unaccepted or pending withdrawals are subtracted from user balances. If they are cancelled they stop being subtracted. This was due to reports that the plugin, once used together with the Exchange extension, could be used to steal funds. Now that this is fixed, I also provided a way for old pending/unaccepted transactions to be cancelled in 3.7.4, so that negative balances are not caused by this. The cron job by default cancels any transactions that have not been accepted within 24 hours. If this is the reason your users see negative balances, this will be resolved at a maximum of 24 hours after installing 3.7.4, or you can speed this up by changing the setting “Wallets” -> “Cron Settings” -> “Cancel old unconfirmed/pending transactions”.

I cannot think of another reason why users would encounter this problem. I would have to see some data for an example user (i.e. the transactions for one user and coin). A question: Are you using the Exchange extension?

thanks

alexg
    Keymaster

After a lot of searching I determined the source of the problem and provided a fix in 0.4.2-beta. The Exchange extension should not cause new negative balances any more when matching trades. The bug was partly due to differences in the application of maker and taker fees to the base currency while buying the quote currency. If you wish to continue testing the plugin, I would suggest that you first wipe all trades and orders from the database, with delete from wp_wallets_txs where category='trade';delete from wp_wallets_orders;

I will keep the extension in beta for a short while longer and if no more bugs are detected, it will be bumped to 1.0.0 (i.e. production-ready).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.