I reply to all queries on the forums and via email, once per day, Monday to Friday (not weekends).

If you are new here, please see some information on how to ask for support. Thank you!

native currency

dashed-slug.net Forums General discussion native currency

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Alex,
    with only Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets installed I have created a blockchain called colorum(CCC) with a native currency balance – not assets – which will be used at a later stage. How can I coax the Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets plugin to act with the native curreny addresses (attached to users) balance (no external wallets will be used as yet) It shows the balance of the native currency – but not the user ones and users can not transfer anything because thier balances are set to 0. The blockchain has user balances instead, i.e. the addresses which have a label of users name.
    Working with the WEB-DEMO also, it manages assets and shows address/user native balances. Would be good, if admin addresses could also manage the total native currency balance.

Forgeive my only basic understanding. I want users to acquire native CCC coins, send them to other users locally and also be able to create assets by themselves. With basic coding knowledge I’m a bit lost.

By the way – would like to volunter to helping translate your apps into German. On wordpress.org it says: There are no editors for this specific project, yet. How should I proceed?

regards
    Klaus

alexg
    Keymaster

Hello Klaus,

Thanks for sharing the details of your project and for your interest in the plugin.

You mentioned that users of your coin have named addresses assigned. I am not sure how this works, but it doesn’t sound like this is compatible with this plugin.

Besides using the provided cloud wallet coin adapters, Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets works best with full nodes that are forks of Bitcoin core and that share the same JSON-RPC interface. If this is the case for your coin, you can try using the Full Node Multiadapter extension. This coin adapter calls the RPC command getnewaddress on your wallet, so unless this is available, it will not work.

You mentioned that you have some coding knowledge. You can study the Coin Adapter class and see if you can extend it to fit your coin. If so, your main concern should be to provide implementations to get_new_address, get_balance, and do_withdraw.

The get_new_address() call should be able to return a new address on every call. The plugin handles the mapping between users and addresses. If you can provide an implementation that returns the assigned address of each user then it might work.

To get a sense of what a coin adapter extension looks like, you can have a look at the deprecated Litecoin adapter. This has been superseded by the Multi Adapter, but you can use it as an example of how to package a derived subclass of Coin_Adapter into a WordPress plugin.

You also asked how you can help with translations. If you wish you can consult the accompanying PDF documentation under the section “Localization”, where there are detailed instructions. The documentation is packaged in the bundle download of the plugin.

Hope this answers your questions.

kind regards

Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks so much Alex. This gives me a bag of to-do’s for the next millenium.
    Will also check the Localisation stuff.

Best regards and keep uip with the good work.

Klaus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.